Top Social

Having A Dog In New York City

Thursday, June 16, 2016
I always assumed having a dog in New York would be so hard for the owners and so sad for the dogs. Now that we are babysitting this fool I have 100% changed my mind! Skip the rest of this if you don't care about dogs. (Lol.)

You have to walk them more, so if you don't like walking your dog (more of a backyard person) then yeah, it's probably not the best choice for you. But, I love walking! There is a park about 20 minutes from us called Carl Schurz and it has views of Brooklyn and a dog park. Oh, and Central Park is a 10 minute walk from us and has off leash hours before 9:00 am and after 9:00 pm. So I have been alternating between the 2 and it's been so fun! Also here I feel like dogs are so much better behaved inside. Our apartment is pretty small and this big dog we have been babysitting hasn't minded the space at all. So, that's reassuring. Oh, and not to mention dogs are allowed almost everywhere! I see dogs in grocery stores, clothing stores, coffee shops, etc. So, it's kinda cool to be able to run errands with your pup.

Anyway, I'm glad we hosted a dog through Dog Vacay because now we know! It's possible to have a dog in the city and 100% worth it! Hopefully we'll be getting Trixie soon, just gotta work out the details!

GO NEW YORK CITY DOGS!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment