Top Social

Our Final Day In New York (About 3 Weeks Late)

Thursday, September 15, 2016
Moving has been so crazy I haven't even posted this haha. We moved to Connecticut, I started a new job, took back my old job, quit the new job, and went full time at the old job. All while trying to furnish our new place and survive with just one car.

BUT!  We're finally in the groove and now I'm just trying to catch up on my journaling here! 

These pictures are from our last day as New York City residents! We walked to Jacob's Pickles through Central Park and talked about what we would and wouldn't miss about live in New York.

Things we miss: All the yummy food. / Pretty city views. I still think buildings are more pretty than nature haha. / The privacy of no one caring what we did. / Seeing dogs every day. / Being able to read on the commute to work. / Walking everywhere (I have literally gained 5 pounds since resuming car life!)

Things we don't miss: Having to rely on public transportation. / Pretty much only being able to explore New York City unless we rented a car. / Having to walk in the heat, wait for trains in the heat, not being able to escape the heat! / How loud it is everywhere. / Having to pay so much money for so little apartments.

Um... that's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there is more in both categories!




Having my last Jacob's Pickles root beer before saying good bye :( I will miss it! 


Cookies and cream biscuits OMG. I need to learn how to make these at home. They were so good.


Last time eating their biscuit french toast! That is seriously the best french toast I have ever had in my LIFE. 


Jake got biscuits and gravy and was in a small heaven. 


I actually can't remember if this was our last day? But we did try Rice to Riches. I wasn't as good as I thought it would be. We got the cookies and cream rice pudding.


All in all, our last day in New York City was really good! I am really glad we made the move to Connecticut. We are still super close to the city (like a hour train ride) so we can go back, but it's SO NICE to know that we have a car and can go anywhere we want. That was like, one of my main reasons for wanting to move. Of course, Jake is glad to have a job that he really loves too haha.

We are going to Cape Cod in two weeks, and this weekend I am going to visit my friend in Boston! I just love being able to full experience the northeast coast, insetad of just New York City haha. I do love New York as a place to visit, and I am definitely planning on going back for any season that isn't summer. Butttttttt we are so excited to be able to see more of the east coast now!

Ugh that was gross and repetitive but you know what I mean, right?

XOXO
- - - - -
E

4 comments on "Our Final Day In New York (About 3 Weeks Late)"
  1. I live about 45 minutes from the Cape. You are going to have a blast, and its great that you guys aren't going in the middle of summer when there a literally so many people there. Since its after Labor Day its little less crazy and it makes it so much easier to appreciate how beautiful it really is! I don't know where you guys are planning to go (or how far you guys are going down) but Chatham is one of my favorite little places - the main street is a nice place to shop & the lighthouse is beautiful, Kream ‘n Kone is a great place for seafood (fried), Sundae School has the best ice cream, Heritage Museums & Gardens is a nice place to check out, and last but not least you will have to come back for a trip to Martha's Vineyard! (I spent my summers there growing up in Oak Bluffs and it is by far the best place to visit in MA)

    Sorry for the such long comment. I am glad to read that you are loving CT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The east coast always holds a special place in my heart! Boston is my favourite US city, so I super jealous you get to visit soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Thank you!!! I am adding all these places to my list ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no way! We'll have to apartment swap sometime and you guys can go!

    ReplyDelete