Top Social

Chelsea Market!

Thursday, June 9, 2016
Good afternoon everybody! These pictures are from the other day at Chelsea Market. Definitely somewhere you need to add to your list.

I'll talk more about this later, but I just wanted it to be the thumbnail for this post becaues HOW AMAZING.



Ok so this artist is amazing. I was telling Jake that if we had a lot of money I would have bought like three pieces right then and there. I don't know if I've seen much art that screams my name, but man do these!


How cute are these lights? Don't worry, there were like 1,000 other people taking pictures in front of me who wouldn't move. So NBD. If you look at this from like a straight on angle it's much more magnificient, but you get the idea.

I don't know if I talk about my love of street art much on here but now you know. I LOVE STREET ART. We were wandering around Chelsea trying to find a donut place (cause national donut day, duh) and happened upon this piece by Invader!! #winning

This is the view from the High Line! Seriously soooo pretty. I know a lot of people think cities are meh, but I honestly think they are the most beautiful thing. It's crazy to think that like, people made this? Ha maybe that sounds dumb but seriously it's such a cool thing to think of like, how far humans have come! 

LIKE SPEAKING OF AMAZING HUMANS. This is a piece (yes, it's art) by Tony Matelli located at the High Line. His stuff is UNREAL! This particular sculpture is called "Sleepwalker" and it looks soooo realistic. I took a picture with it (see here) and I thought that the closer I got the more I would see like, paint strokes or something. But nope! Realistic up close as well. It's there until March 2017 I believe, so add it to your list if you're visiting soon! 

We got donuts from Donut Pub and would 100% recommend.

So, Jake went to BYU for his undergrad. In case you didn't know, at BYU you can't have long hair (or a beard). So basically I have been waiting THREE YEARS for Jake to be able to grow his hair out. It's finally getting long and I am obssed with the "tucked behind the ear" look. <3

Oh, and also for the record Jake wants long hair as well. I asked him this: "If you were on an island all by yourself, what hairstyle would you choose?" His answer was: "Like maybe Jesus hair? Like to my shoulders?" HAHAHA.



LIKE HUMANS CREATED THIS!

Anyway. I would highly recommend spending a day in Chelsea going to Chelsea Market for food (there are tons of places in there) and then wandering around the art scenes.

I forgot how much I love art! I don't know how many of you have been reading since the good ole angsty high school days, but I used to be hella artistic. (See here, here, here, here, here, andddd here.) Oh, and you can't judge me for any of those posts because I was like literally 15. 

Anyway, It's been nice to be back in an environment that promotes that and makes it easy to find! I'm currently working on a canvas for our bathroom that will be pretty funny. I'm excited for all of you to see it!

(After reading all those old posts I'm wondering if I do too many exclamation points lol.)

X0X0
- - - - -
E



SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment