Top Social

DIY Polaroid Photo Wall

Thursday, October 27, 2016

YOU GUYS. I cannot tell you how happy I have been to be able to decorate our apartment again! While living in my mother's basement in Utah had many benefits, I had the hardest time with not being able to make it feel like our home. Needless to say, our little New England home is my total obsession all day, every day.

I have very specific home tastes. It needs to look clean, but cozy, but also modern, but not like a glass castle. Ya feel? I honestly am the luckiest person in the world because I have a husband who cares 0% about any decor. #blessed #husbandoftheyear

There are tons of great ways to decorate your home, apartment or even dorm room with your favorite photos. But one of my favorites is a simple DIY photo wall. Basically, it’s the easiest thing in the world and SO. CUTE.  


You will need: white push pins, twine, gold binder clips, and some cutie Polaroid photos of your life! My husband and I have been loving our Polaroid Snap instant digital camera. The camera prints out photos instantly while we’re exploring new places or just hanging at home. These adorable 2x3” Polaroid photos are a perfect touch to personalize your home.  I got the push pins, twine, and binder clips from Flying Tiger for like $4 total. (Oh how I miss that place! Seriously one of my favorite things about living in New York City.) You can get the supplies from Amazon. Here are the binder clips, twine (love that pink!), and push pins.


Step #1: Eyeball where to put the push pins until your OCD husband gets nervous and whips out the measuring tape. Place appropriately.

Step #2: Cut way more twine than you actually need. Tie it around the push pins.



Step #3: Clip your photos to the twine! Sometimes there is a little twine thread that you can clip the photo to and it will hold it in place. But honestly, I let mine weight distribute themselves. So they could just slide either way on the twine if that makes sense. You have to put them all on there before you try to distribute the weight

Step #4: Cut your tails to the length you want. I wasn't originally planning on keeping these babies but I just liked the way they looked so I thought "What the heck".


Step #5. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done! And make sure to switch out your cutie Polaroid photos to keep things fresh!

The end! It's weird how such a simple little decoration can add so much! We have these giant walls because we have a second floor loft, so the living room is open. I have been weirdly stressed about what to do with them since we moved in, and I really like how this helps break up the space!

Anyway, I have tons more cute Polaroid photo DIYs coming, so keep your eyes peeled kids!

Thanks to Polaroid for partnering with me on this post! They are bae <3

XOXO
- - - - -
E
2 comments on "DIY Polaroid Photo Wall"
  1. This is such a cute idea my partner just moved in with me and this will be a fun way to put up our pictures together
    http://sheismelrose.net/

    ReplyDelete