Top Social

camping! + email subscribe fixed

Wednesday, September 24, 2014
First off, if you have been trying to subscribe by email, I'm sorry I'm an idiot and didn't enable it! You can now subscribe!

We finally went camping again! We drove all the way to Little Cottonwood Canyon. The fall colors starting to come in were gorgeous!

We were driving around the campsite trying to find a spot and almost decided to leave, because it looked like everywhere was full and also we are morally opposed to paying for campsites. We pulled over before we headed out and I had a small breakdown. Well, seconds later a small angel drove a golf cart up to our window. She had a spot left! She took cash or check, and neither one of us had cash, which caused my little heart to break. However, Jake pulled open this compartment in his parent's old car that we were using for the trip, and there was a check book!! (??) So, that was also like a small sign that we were meant to go camping. So, YAY FOR THINGS WORKING OUT.

We got our cute lil' camp all set up. The tent was in a little tree area and SO CUTE.

Jake loaded dead tree branches (aka firewood) into the back of the car. And I helped by braiding my hair. ;)

Then we headed to Cecret Lake for a nice easy hike to a beautiful lake...



Haha ok. So it's actually a pretty short hike, like one mile I think. HOWEVER. It is important to note that it is steeeeeeep. I was dying. But at least it wasn't super long. Power through! Oh, and also the views weren't too bad either :).




We dined at the top. This is the super good trail mix I talked about earlier. It's at Trader Joe's I think. GET IT.

There were a bunch of creepers in the water. Another reason to be scared of water.

That view though!


Self-timer, yo.


Anddd then we went back. And the sun was sort of setting, so I made Jake pose for a Granola Pic.

Yet another braid picture, because apparently that's what I do when waiting for Jake. It's just so addicting!

Also I tried to take this picture of us in front of the fire, and when I took a test shot it was in focus, but then it decided to not be in focus. And I didn't care to check it, so here is a blurry picture. It has a certain charm though, I think.

VEGGIE DOGS. I couldn't see the ketchup so that baby got loaded up (unfortunately), but it was still delicious. If I ate meat, I would eat a hot dog every day LOL.

Jake was going to make a tin foil dinner, but we didn't have any potatoes, so he decided to eat humongous sausages as hot dogs instead? LOL. He said it was good, so there's that I guess.

I tried to do star trail pictures, but I was too lazy to get my tripod and also too cold. So here's what ya get. If anyone has tips on how to take amazing star trail pictures, I'm alllll ears. I can never get them in focus?

I'm usually too scared to sleep without the rainfly on (something about waking up and seeing a person standing outside the tent scares my britches off...) but I decided to grow a pair this trip, and it was super cool! It was fun falling asleep to the stars and waking up to a view.

And last but not least, donuts for breakfast. Oh, I forgot to mention we went to Smith's the night before and snagged a whole box of donuts for $1.79! Needless to say, Jake was in heaven. 


In his parent's old car, we found all the old mix cd's I made for him when we were dating. It was quite fun listening to them on the way home. :)


Ahhhh. There's just something about camping that I absolutely love! The air, the food, the exploring, sleep in a tent, I don't know! I just love it so much. Oh, and of course this post wouldn't be complete without a fire gif. :)

XOXO
- - - - -
E

P.S. Since you were so good and also because I laughed for ten minutes at this, here's an accidental picture that happened when I was trying to make the camera focus on my donut and not the background. I definitely thought I leaned far enough out of the picture, but when I uploaded these pictures, I realized I was sorely mistaken. 

So, without further ado, here is the most awkward picture of myself I have ever seen. 
Enjoy the double chins.


11 comments on "camping! + email subscribe fixed"
  1. Hahaha that last picture is too funny!! And wow that is a lot of ketchup on that hot dog! Looks like you guys had a blast. I have always wanted to go up some other canyon other than AF. We need to branch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh! we so badly wanted to go camping near Cecret lake back in August but we worried we wouldn't be able to find a spot because the online reservations were all booked! it looks so beautiful tho, we will have to make it there sometime. and that last picture....LOL

    - leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha omg looks like so much fun. I wanted to hike to that lake a long time ago. UGH. I wish there was more time in the day to go hiking every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I want to go camping!!!! I love your hiking outfit and your braids and your awkward donut photo. But also that fire gif. Campfires are the best part of camping. I love how they make everything smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i totally agree! the first time we went camping we didn't have a fire, and it didn't even feel like camping!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, I miss camping so much! I love everythingggggg about this...especially that awkward donut photo ;) that place looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! gosh, your parents house looks beautiful! if you ever want to get away and swap houses lol, we would most definitely be down.

      Delete
  6. ahh i've been wanting to go camping for too long! your pictures are so perfect, i love little cottonwood & cecret lake is beautiful!!! sounds like the perfect campout to me :) plus, that accidental photo is too perfect haha
    -k
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks sooo so awesome :) absolutely beautiful! and that last picture is priceless ;)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha wish i could have seen that, people laughing at stuff on their computer in class is one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog- and I'm in love!
    Your photos are so fun and inspiring! :)
    The donut picture at the end made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete