Top Social

the last of spokane

Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Cour D'Alene road trip! 


The docks and lake there are so pretty! I would love to just live there for like a month :)





What are husbands for, if not to hold your soda? Lol. But seriously, he's the nicest and always carries my things. I got lucky!

We stopped at the cutest candy shop where I purchased this truffle and also one of those giant lollipops. I forgot to mention this earlier, but I post a lot of pictures on my Instagram that I don't post here, so if you're interested in that sort of thang, follow @emcakes for some fun stuff.


The next day we rode the sky ride and walked around the mall. It was labor day, so most of the restaurants we wanted to eat at were closed. We ended up going to P.F. Changs, which turned out to be the best decision because hello, their tofu is the best of all tofu everywhere.




Also check out that frenchie. My Cute Husband braided it while we were in line. He literally braids better than me. I'm not sure, but I think he may be The Perfect Human.


Then, the next day we headed home! It was quite sad to be leaving Spokane, because I'm obsessed with it and I'm also 100% sure my grandma is my idol. So, always sad things to be leaving. 
HOWEVER. When we were dining at Chaps I had my grandma take a picture of me and Jake by a cute sign, but there was a man sitting there so he moved while we took the picture. He then asked us if we wanted a picture of all three of us together, and I said that would be great and handed him my iPhone. He asked me how to use it, which I thought was a joke, but then I realized he didn't know, so I just told him to press the white circle on the screen. He then pointed it at himself and said, "Do I do it this way?" To which we all chuckled thinking he was making yet another joke. Upon realizing he was serious, I told him it was the other way, where you can see the screen which has the picture you want to take in it. He then somehow ended up taking four videos, which I made me cry from laughing so hard. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... The Camera Man.

And lastly, a cutesy picture because this is the blogging world right??

Spokane was so fun and such a needed little relaxing vacay before this craziness of school hit. By the way, if you need me check underneath the piles of books ya know. Special thanks to my wonderful grandma for making it all possible and also for being the nicest and funnies. Also, this trip wouldn't have been complete without the one and only Michael Keller, so a special thanks to him as well for putting up with us and for entertaining us with his shenanigans. We will be back soon!

XOXO
- - - - -
E


7 comments on "the last of spokane"
  1. You are so kind! And you should most definitely go to Spokane! It's the most perfect place and I'm sure you would love it! Especially at Christmastime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that last photo is adorable! Love the photo of Camera Man too - I'm pretty sure I have similar ones taken by my Mum xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm not sure, but I think he may be The Perfect Human." :) I feel like that sentence should be followed by a huge smiley asian-style emoticon. if you know what i mean. and that camera man. HAHAHA. so good.

    - Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it's so crazy! We just left Spokane last week! I mean, we lived in Sandpoint, but it's basically all one big place: Sandpoint + CdA + Spokane. Have you been to Sandpoint? It's gorgeous up there! Fun (and sad?) to see your photos of CdA now, it makes me miss our friends there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved reading your blog!! What type of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stalked the contents of your blog, you are so cute. Also I had to comment because I'm from Northern Idaho and spent my summers on CDA lake and WOOF! I love that place. So happy you enjoyed it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so jealous of your summers! That place is amazing. You'll have to give me some good recommendations of places to go in the area!

      Delete