Top Social

life snippets

Friday, December 12, 2014
Hello hello! Ok first I just have to say that yesterday marked 4 years of blogging! I forgot until now, so I'll say my little thing about it a day late :)

- - - - -

It's weird to see how far my blog adventure has come! I started blogging because my friend suggested I start a "fashion blog" but that didn't last long because I realized I didn't care about fashion as much as photography! And I didn't even start reading other blogs until junior year when a friend told me about Rockstar Diaries. (Shoutout to Krista Hemsley for improving my life with that one.) 

I love that I've made so many great friends through blogging like Autumn, Beverly, Mila, Katherine (I'm counting you beause I feel like blogging is what brought us together HA!). So, anyways. Just a small shout out to everyone who has made blogging so fun!

I get embarrassed pretty much all the time when people I know in real life find out about my blog because I just feel stupid about it. I don't know why though, because it's such a nice way to keep track of life! I like it better than a journal because I'm very much a photo person. I look forward to my kids asking about my angsty teenage years, or Jake and my first years as a married couple, and being able to direct them to a url where they can see images and read words and we can all have a good laugh :)

Anyways! This is getting weirdly sentimental, but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so nice with comments/emails/friendships! You have made this blogging experience of mine a good one :)

On to life lately!

- - - - -

Driving in the rain at night/early morning has got to be one of my very, very, very favorite things in the entire world. Like, ever. Ah, especially with some Phantogram on the stereo. SO PERFECT.

New black sparkle shoes. Also, I'm loving being able to wear my yellow coat. Although, I wouldn't complain if some snow/colder weather came our way soon.

If you don't already follow Barefoot Blonde please do because #1. She is fabulous and #2. Her hair tutorials are fabulous. She recently went to the Victoria's Secret fashion show and posted on her Instagram how they did the Angel's hair! I was at Vickie's anyways buying these Christmas pajamas, and picked up mousse. This is how my hair turned out after using it! I don't usually post stuff like this, but I just had to because I love it so so so much!!

A cute pup lookin' over her shoulder. Aweeeee.

TMI maybe, but I had to go to my first "lady" appointment on Monday and I was FREAKING OUT. Like, so much so that I dressed in gray and didn't wear makeup so I wouldn't be memorable haahahaha. 

Anddddd then after I felt like an idiot for being nervous because it was 100% not a big deal. I was so proud of having passed into womanhood stage 1 (stage 2 is giving birth, cause you've gotta be TOUGH for that) so we celebrated with fries like any true American would. 

I mainly just wanted a cute Christmas picture with Trixie, but she wasn't exactly on my same page.

Is there anything better than hot chocolate in the morning? Yes. Hot chocolate in Spokane mugs. BEST. I love winter so much. Like, every day that I wake up and remember it's December I automatically feel 10 times better about life. December is the best month of the year and it's HAPPENING. 

A cute pup patiently awaiting her bacon dog treat. 

So my grandma saw this lip color on a waitress and wanted me to try it. I bought some and I'm 90% sure some sneaky person opened it at the store, but I'm gross so I just put it on anyways. I'm not sure what I think. Thoughts? I like it, but it doesn't last as long as Mac, but maybe it's a good color just to switch it up? Idk. I'm not used to purple lipsticks!

Does anyone remember Flour Girls and Dough Boys in American Fork? It closed but they had this AMAZING SANDWICH. Ready? Brie cheese + chopped walnuts + sliced apple + panini maker + dip in Litehouse poppyseed dressing. It weirdly HAS to be Litehouse dressing, which is the refridgerated section by like, the other salad dressing and fruit and stuff. Like, where they have lettuce. Anyways, it's like a grilled cheese from heaven and YOU MUST TRY IT.

My in-laws have this pillow at their house and I am so pleased.

A PICTURE OF ME ATTENDING MY VERY LAST CLASS AT BYU PROVO FOREVERRRRRR. I can not tell you how good it feels. Also this picture was taken on December 11th…. WHERE IS THE SNOW YOU GUYS. WHERE IS THE COLD AIR. It's like a never ending fall season :'(

Jake the baker picked up our plate we made at Color Me Mine! I love it! 

Ah, and last but not least is this picture. This picture of me in the same shirt I wore yesterday and with hair that hasn't been washed for 5 days. This is pretty much how I look during finals, which officially starts now.  So… basically I'll be a small homeless person for the next week. 

Good luck to all you student bbs who have finals this week, and congratulations to those who have finished! And to everyone who isn't in school right now and can enjoy the holiday season finals-stress free, cherish it!

XOXO
- - - - -
E
28 comments on "life snippets"
  1. 1. Blogging did bring us together haha Mostly it was me obsessing over your angsty stage lololol
    2. What is that mousse - your hair looks perfect.
    3. I feel like you can wear whatever lip color you want. Ever. All of them. I really like that bright color though.
    4. You CRACK me UP with your lady appointment thing! hahaha I hope you're not traumatized. I have yet to make it to that stage....
    5. You're just the cutest - even when you look homeless. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. omg the angsty stage. worsttttt on so many levels. SO MANY LEVELS.
      2. it's victorias secret mousse. go get plzzzz.
      4. if you need someone to talk to about it, you can count on me because i was FREAKING OUT AND CAN COMFORT YOU. once you turn 21 sista, you've gotta.

      your'e so nice omg i'm so glad we're friends omg i'm so excited to thursday dine with you omg

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with you and your blog. Also, I'm buying that mousse not because I watched the tutorial this morning, but because of this picture and how perfect your hair is. You're a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on blogging for 4 years! That sandwich looks amazing. I am going to have to try it.

    - Kaileigh @ somehowchaotic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no like you really have to, because it really is like literally one of the best sandwiches i've ever had haha.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on 4 year blogoversary. Now...onto more important things :D....where did you get that cute shirt with cat faces printed on it? I have to have. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. h&m kids section… it's a pajama shirt haha. $5 on black friday though, so total deal!

      Delete
  5. Blogging is awesome! I've been blogging for three or four(?) years now and it is amazing. I'm so glad that I discovered it...and that I discovered your blog! You are a lovely, lovely person :) I feel ya on the 'lady appointment' thing, I had mine in the middle of the year...and I'm not a real fan of being a "woman". Surprise, surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Your hair looks totally perfect. I forgot, but I've been blogging for 4 years too. Why am I not super popular??? Ha. Just kidding. But not really. Why? Ha....?
    I laughed at your "unmemorable doctor appointment" photo, because if you wore that pompom hat, then that's not too unmemorable! Also- stage one of womanhood = pap smear? Am I following correctly?

    Anyway, I'm glad we're friends. I have been dwelling on my lack of friends in town. Being a mom is weird and makes it harder to make friends, I think. I mean I talk to a lot of people and try to go to play groups in my ward, but no one has really clicked... I feel like the unpopular kid again! Hah. ANYWAY. I love reading about your life adventures. Holla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -hahahaha. k same blogiversary kinda, so YAY FOR THAT.
      - YES YOU ARE FOLLOWING CORRECTLY UGH. I WISH I WAS IN YOUR STAGE 2.
      - awe, you are not the unpopular kid. YOU ARE THE MOST POPULAR KID in my book. maybe just have gwen smile at them and then they will be your immediate friend :)
      - but in reality i want to come visit you when i'm done with school. so like after april.

      Delete
  7. Happy 4 years! I hit 1 year and I can't believe it went by so fast O.O. I love your pictures, especially of the sky & rain. Makes me want to listen to some Phantogram, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh, your hair looks amazing. and congratulations on the four years!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel weird when people in my real life find out about my blog, too! I didn't even tell my husband about my blog until after we were engaged, so . . . Oh! And then when he told me that he shared my blog link with his mom, I legit started to cry. (Imma blame starting birth control for that one . . . ) Haha

    Also, I really do love your blog. Your pictures inspire me to up my photography game, even if just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah i still wish you would have told me about your blog when you were my visiting teacher. ugh. if we weren't both scared, we could have been such good blogging friends! and done fun blogging adventures together!

      hahah i can't believe you started crying. but ya i had a lot of emotional reactions on my first birth control too haha. it's the worst! ugh!

      and yay! if you ever move back here we can do photo adventures together!

      Delete
  10. So in the spirit of Christmas and also your blogiversary, my name is Alyssa and I really love your blog! I came across it a few months ago because the internet is creepy like that and have been hooked ever since. Your writing is so down to earth and relatable, I feel like your url and I are bffs. Which is weird because yah. Anyway, keep it up! I have tried and failed at blogging multiple times but your blog always makes me want to try try and tryyyy again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. k the internet is creepy. haha i agree.
      lol you are bffs with my url… wait what does that mean?
      and ya it takes a second to decide if it's a hobby you think is fun or not. but welcome and thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  11. congrats on your last class at byu!!! i have one more year and i am so excited for the end, yet i know ill miss it when i'm gone. what kind of camera and editing program do you use?

    xoxo, kiely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know what you mean!!! ugh! and i think…. it's a d5200? not sure right now but i'm working on a faq so if you have any other questions let me know so i can add them! and my lens is definitely a nikkor 35mm 1.8 and it's MY FAVORITE and i would recommend it to anyone! if you live here we'll have to get together sometime! it's so fun meeting other bloggers!

      Delete
  12. Your braids have been looking extra awesome lately! I really want that mousse, but I tried curling my hair with Amber's little tutorial about how you like move the hair up and down on the curling iron to get bouncier curls? It actually worked so I was really happy. I also tried one of her braid tutorials today and it worked! I have followed her for a long time but you got me re-obssesed with her so thanks for that.

    Also, let's have a blogger hang out again soon. I was looking through the pictures of the crazy salt of the earth party and I was like "this needs to happen again..." haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes we need to! after finals let's put something together for sure! and omg don't even get me started on amber. could talk about this ish alllllllll day. (because she is perfect and my favorite blogger).

      Delete
  13. I like the purple lipstick!

    Also ADORE your cat shirt and I want it :(:

    ReplyDelete