Top Social

spokane day 1

Wednesday, September 3, 2014
We headed out bright and early in the morn, which was nice because once we got there we had the entire day. Jake looks really angry in this photo, but I promise he was also excited to be "trip bbs".

Breakfast traditions! I literally can not fly anywhere without getting a hot chocolate at the airport. Jake seems to be keeping with McDonald's as well :).

Morning braid practice on the plane. You can't beat that morning light + a plane window.


My gram is the cutest ever and bought us all of our favorite treats!! 

After we got settled, we went to the Japanese garden! I didn't take any pictures, because it was too pretty to peel my eyes away from, but Jake snapped this. I hope someday to have a Japanese garden in my backyard! There were a group of girls there singing on the bridge? It was kind of weird, but they were good so it was nice, but they were dressed like normal people, so we had to wonder what on earth they were doing there.

We drove by another garden... I can't remember what this one was called. It was gorgeous, though. 

We took a quick walk through the rose garden as well! So many gardens, so little time. :)!

We went to Azteca with my uncle and grandma that night, and I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy scarfing down my nachos because THEY ARE THE BEST NACHOS. But, it was literally the weirdest restaurant experience. There was a hostess at the front, and so we walked up to her and she told us to seat ourselves. So, we sat on the porch (which was only for 21+ so #rebellife) and then another employee asked us if we needed menus, and we were like, "Yes..." Then he brought them and it was just so weird. I felt like they were annoyed that we didn't know exactly what we wanted LOL. But then they brought out the most delicious nachos and all was forgiven.

Day 2 coming tomorrow!

XOXO
- - - - -
E
4 comments on "spokane day 1"
  1. Pretty!! That looks like a relaxing weekend getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, you went to spokane! I love Japanese gardens too. so zen.
    hahaa, #rebellife. I went to a 21+ jazz club in Chicago and they MADE me order food because I wasn't getting drinks. it was weird.
    anyway, cool trip!!
    -leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i hear they have like drink minimums or something? weird!!

      Delete
  3. The first thing I thought when I saw those pictures of the gardens was "I want to take pics there". Why don't we live in Washington?! Whyyyyy?!

    ReplyDelete