Top Social

on the first date of christmas...

Wednesday, December 10, 2014
I saw this idea for the 12 dates of Christmas on Love Taza's blog back when I was a wee child and obviously fell in love with it because hello? It's Christmas and Love Taza. What's not to love? Anyways, now that I'm married to the bae of all baes and we're about to get hit in the face with finals, birthdays and holiday celebrations, I figured it would be a pretty good time to implement our own "12 dates of Christmas" so we can squeeze in some one-on-one time. (Introvert, ftw.) 

Shout out to all girls who wear heels to school/public places on a daily basis. I'm making myself wear them more just so I remember how to walk in heels (there was a very real time 2 years ago where I 100% forgot and looked INCREDIBLY awkward). 

I was super starving after getting out of my review, and decided to finally try the "beach babe" at Ivie Juice bar while I waited for Jake to get off work. Can I just take a small second and say how peaceful it was to eat at the bar while looking out the window at Christmas lights? PERFECT.

Interior on point. Atmosphere matters soooo much to me, and their atmosphere is perfect.

My camera battery awesomely died, so sorry these are all iPhone pictures (I know, I promised!) but OMG YOU GUYS THIS ACAI BOWL WAS LITERALLY SO GOOD I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND IT. Like, I don't know if I've ever had anything so good in the past 6 months. NOT KIDDING. If you haven't gone, do yourself a favor already!

Color Me Mine, because for some reason it reminds me of Christmas and also PERSONALIZED CERAMICS. Jake picked out this cute tree.



LOOK HOW CUTE JAKE IS. Also, I'm super excited to see our little plate when it's all done being fired. Throw some cookies on there… settle down with Elf... and a glass of milk… ah. Perfection.

We grabbed some Little Caesar's on the way home, because what else do college students eat for dinner? Please note how cute Trixie is as she patiently waits for some pizza.

All in all, I'd say the first date of Christmas was a success!!! Now, to squeeze in 11 more LOL.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

19 comments on "on the first date of christmas..."
  1. your heels! i love them! & props to you for making an effort to wear them more in real life rather than just when you're dressed up or at church. it's seriously so hard for me to do that. but i want to! color me mine is probably one of the best dates i can think of, good call going there :)
    xo
    kerry
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have so many cute heels i never wear cause i can't walk in them! so that's why i'm trying to be better at it! plus i'm 5'2'' so a little height never helps hahaha.

      Delete
  2. i really respect that you're trying to wear heels. besides muscle memory (which is so real. i can't walk in heels currently. can not do it) i feel like it makes you feel good to get all fancy sometimes. i love your 11 dates of christmas idea - i'm going to try to squeeze in as many of those as i can before we drive to idaho! also, little caesar's is the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely not my idea! love taza/rockstar diaries got it from someone else or something. gotta give them fred! and yes yes! do it! little ceasar's is bomb, but slab is the king of all bombs. :)

      Delete
  3. i've been wanting to so this for such a long time, kinda bummed out that i'm so many miles away from my boyfriend during december.. but i'll just make february dates of it then :D. what a fun idea for a date!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe!!!! yes yes do it in february! 12 dates of valentine's day haha. :)

      Delete
  4. YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE. Eye <3 BB? Really? You slay me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you slay me with your beautiful hair and your beautiful face.

      Delete
  5. Ok, this is my kind of date EM! I have only been to color me mine once, but have been dying to go again. Seriously- now i will! and ok...I have never had an Acai bowl....don't really even get what they are- but everyone is talking about them! Must be missing something...
    P.S. Loving your hair lately, love the shoes, just love you! I love seeing all of your uniquness... (word? maybe not?) because I really lack in that department...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes go again! they have so much cute stuff! little gnomes! ah!
      and an acai bowl… it's basically like froyo? like it's acai berries made into froyo, with granola and toppings! it's not like a dessert though, but it is cold. you should definitely try one! i want to figure out how to make them at home.
      and thank you!

      Delete
  6. That bowl looks reallllllly good! I want a fruit now. Was Color Me Mine way fun? I have always wanted to go but once we walked in and there was a birthday party and so we slowly backed out... haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS SO FUN. we should double sometime and go!!!! we can do ivie and color me mine :)

      Delete
  7. Cutest idea! Love Color Me Mine!! xoxo

    doublethewow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I just found your cute blog somehow, and I have to comment on this post for a lot of reasons. First, like everyone else, props on wearing heels more! I literally gave up after my first high school dance and never looked back. Second, you are SO right about interiors and that one is clean and dreamy. Also if I took a picture of my husband at Color Me Mine right now he would literally look/pose/smile exactly like yours did! Now we move on to pizza, because no one should ever eat at Little Caesars without getting crazy bread to go along with their hot n ready and I see you've mastered that. But also I saw you reply to someone's comment saying Slab is actually the king of pizzas and now I just have way too many opinions in common with you! Good luck fitting in the rest of those dates! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -hahah do our husbands look the same? i tried to look at your profile but it wouldn't load! that's funny.
      -yes crazy bread with a student discount is ONE DOLLAR. can you believe it?!
      -omg yes slab. i could talk about this for a really long time. so pretty much just… yes.

      Delete
  9. Ryan always agrees to Little Caesar's. So cheeeeeaaap. But strangely good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU NEED TO GO LIKE RIGHT NOW. like, seriously.

    ReplyDelete