Top Social

things lately

Thursday, December 4, 2014
Are you tired of these iPhone collages yet? Ugh. I am. I hate them so passionately, but I hate grainy photos more haha. I'm making a promise to myself that once I finish with this semester and don't have to lug around heavy books, I will take my ACTUAL camera places.

The problem I run into is that my 35mm lens is too zoomed to take like, quick pictures. I'm not the biggest fan of asking strangers to take photos or of setting up tripods in public places. So, I usally just take a picture on my phone or not at all. BUT I can't physically hang up iPhone pictures (because I cring too much) so I really need to like, snap out of it.

Ugh! So, here's what will hopefully be a lesser-occuring "lately" post with iPhone pictures!

/ I gave Jake some cardigans for Christmas last year and he never wore them. I was telling him how I want to learn what his style is so I can buy him clothes (because he will never buy himself new clothes haha) that he will like, and it got us talking about the cardigans I got him. He claimed he doesn't know how to style them so he never wears them. I styled them really quick, but was secretly thinking he just didn't like cardigans. He showed up the next day in a cute little cardigan! I'm obsessed with how they look on him! He has like, the perfect body shape for them. Anyways, just a quick shout out to Jake for rockin' a cardigan like no one else. 
/ Put a Santa hat on Trixie and she didn't care. Are you surprised? 
/ My mom sometimes makes Trixie wear diapers so she doesn't pee in the house when we are gone. I love watching Jake put them on her so. much. It's literally the cutest thing.
/ First day of official work! Wearing whatever I want (other than all black) has got to be just about the nicest thing in the world.


/ I switched my face wash and wipes to this "Yes to tomatoes" brand at Target! I love it soooo much so far! Apparently tomatoes are supposed to stop acne? Who knew?
/ Date night at Noodle's and Company. Unfortunately I was sick and didn't get to enjoy hardly any of my noodles. But what's good there? I could have sworn they used to have a bunch of yummy noodles, but I wasn't seeng anything! Any personal favorites for next time?
/ Started Freaks and Geeks expecting to be in love. I was not in love. Sadly enough.
/ My mom set out Christmas fancy glasses for all of us at Sunday dinner. She even set out baby fancy glasses for the babies hahahahahahahahaha.

/ My sister got a pregnancy pillow for her birthday and it's literally like 8 feet long. How do you use those things?! Jake got it figured out, can you tell? LOL.
/ Jake made a bacon burger! I took this picture because he usually won't cook something for himself unless it takes under 10 minutes to make. So, I am going to show this to him so he can remember the fruits (meat?) of his labor.

In other news, I only have SIX DAYS LEFT of having to step on BYU Provo campus. I am soooo happy to be close to being done! Next semester I just have two online classes, and one in Salt Lake on Thursday mornings. So, where my Salt Lake people at? I want to try a new food place every Thursday when I'm done with my class! My Utah section of my travel journal is getting too overflowed. Gotta start crossing some stuff out!

XOXO
- - - - -
E
10 comments on "things lately"
  1. Okay, I sort of looked over the pictures at first without reading it and the first thing I thought was "Jake looks so nice and stylish in that cardigan. And sure enough, one of the first things you talk about is that cardigan. I swear Jeremy had like zero cool clothes when I started dating him (okay, he might have had a few shirts, but they were all old and from his high school days). So I've been slowly transforming his closet (by his request, actually). It required a lot of tears shed over throwing away old high school tees (like the kind with borderline holes in them and armpit stains) and cut off jeans. But I think we're getting to the point of both being content with his closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how your husband showed up wearing a cardigan after you showed him what to pair it with, & that it took a year for him to do it, haha. austin always tells me to buy him clothes but he seriously never wears what i buy him! maybe i should try styling it for him...
    the picture of him with the dog! i literally LOLed. too good. plus, freaks & geeks is the best. i'm really sad that there aren't more seasons, how did that show not survive?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i know, i wanted to love it soooo badly. but i just couldn't get into! it was more dramatic and less comedic than i wanted haha.
    and wow! a style icon! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA! The diaper! We have a new puppy that I've never considered putting a diaper on but that's a good idea. (I'm sick of cleaning our darn carpet!!)
    Noodles and Co- I usually go for the buttered noodles or Mac 'n cheese. (the two most boring dishes on the menu- ha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! my sister used to put baby diapers on their dog that peed in the house, they would just like wrap around him. and yay! definitely adding those dishes to my list! thanks!

      Delete
  5. a) OMG I CANNOT GET MY HUSBAND TO WEAR A CARDI. i think guys look the classiest in them! teach me your ways!
    b) the diapered-dog made me LOL so hard. it's cute in a real weird way.
    c) i know i've told you this before but you + red lips = perfect combo.
    d) over the summer i worked in slc and found a few good restaurants by eating out for lunch way too much! my favorites are 1. sixth & pine on the second floor of nordstrom in city creek, alamexo, copper onion, lobe star taqueria, and - if you're in murray - italian village. so much good food in slc!
    e) i love that "yes to tomatoes" stuff from target - i use the moisturizer every night & seriously it has kept my face clear. aaaaand
    f) noodles and co. mac n cheese is pretty good, but the plain buttered noodles get me every time. it's totally boring but way delish. and i love how half of my comment is about food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dressing boys is the worst! It took me a couple of years to convince Ryan to wear flannel button-ups. And he only will wear a cardigan to church. And heeeyyyyy. How far did you get into Freaks and Geeks? Give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha i got to like… the middle of episode 7 haha.

      Delete
  7. i love the iphone dumps. i like "here is what my life is" posts, so keep doing them, even when you bring your fancy camera around!
    okay have you tried any of the other "yes to" brand stuff? i just got the cucumber facewipes and the grapefruit eye cream and so far i like them...but no real crazy improvement. do you HIGHLY recommend the tomatoes facewipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i haven't! you'll have to let me know if the cucumber and grapefruit end up having like huge improvements! and i'm not sure if i would highly recommend them. idk what i would high recommend as far as facewipes go. i feel like i need to keep using them haha. BUT so far i haven't had any break outs. but i also haven't really been watching for them, so maybe i have gotten zits while using them and just haven't noticed haha. but i also use the tomatoes facewash. so idk.
      i will tell you this though, i used coconut oil on my face, just like a little tiny bit and then rinsed it off (because my sister said it cleared up her skin) and it like totally made me break out haha!!! like wayyyyyyyyy bad. so that's why i got the tomatoes stuff, cause i read on barefoot blonde's blog that it's good for acne but idk.

      Delete