Top Social

winter hikes = luh

Friday, December 26, 2014
For one of our 12 dates of Christmas we hiked battlecreek falls in Pleasant Grove! It was amazing and easy (because I am a small baby who can not do exercise-related things well) and basically just perfect. Shall we begin with the photo diary?

Ummmmmm, look at that fog. Like, it is seriously so majestic and wonderful that in this moment as I type this I am experiencing such strong feelings of appreciation for this wonderful world that we live in.

Do you ever take a photo and it's wayyyyy underexposed? That's how this one was. It was black. I played around with it in Photoshop and I think it looks kind of cool.

Scarf by bae. I'm obsessed with it so much. I've wanted a red plaid scarf for so long, and at long last I own one! Just in time for the chilly, snowy weather. 

Now, just enjoy these nature photos.




LIKE SERIOUSLY UTAH OK YOU WIN. 

Also, here is a picture we took when we got to the top. We just followed the trail on my app and there wasn't anything really majestic where it ended. But, it was snowing and I was proud of my baby legs and I was feeling extra love for Jake and his encouragement so, that was majestic enough for us.

The snow was so perfect. I was scared it wasn't going to snow on Christmas, but alas that tricky Mother Nature just likes to keep us on our toes I suppose. (Rhyme?)

OK THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. There is a place called The Truffle Cottage and it's in Pleasant Grove, Utah and it is LITERALLY THE MOST AMAZING PLACE. We passed it on our way up to the hike and decided to stop by on our way back. The truffle on the left is Oreo, then chocolate, and in the back that is a BRAIN. It was strawberries and cream and underneath the top layer of chocolate there was even a little layer of red jelly like the meninges (?)!!!! I guess that could be gross, but I finished my behavioral neurobiology and met my grade goal, so I felt like it was the perfect way to celebrate haha.

Anyways! Please go hike battlecreek falls if you're in Utah! It's amazing and so so so so so pretty. Like, #tumblrworthy. Kidding… but like it really is so gorgeous and it's not even that hard of a hike.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas! Gosh, I know Jake and I felt a little guilty with how generous eveyone was to us. We truly are grateful to have such kind friends and family!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

16 comments on "winter hikes = luh"
  1. Umm your spirit hood. I want it.

    Hiking in utah is thee best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you'll have to get one because they're amazing. and if you know of any hikes for babies please let me know.

      Delete
    2. Have you hiked Bells Canyon in Sandy? Cecret Lake? Mount Olympus (okay that one is a beast. huge beast). You must go to Albion Basin in the summer when all the wild flowers are in bloom, easy trails! :D

      Delete
    3. We've done Cecret Lake! But I'm adding all the others to my list :) thanks for the recommendations!

      Delete
  2. the wall you asked about from my blog is in california, but i wish it was in utah!!! i hope you guys had a merry christmas!!!

    xo, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truffle cottage sounds amazing!

    I ♥ your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS. you must go if you are in the area ever. and thank you!

      Delete
  4. Yay! I did this hike in the fall and it is indeed lovely and surprisingly way easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! i bet it's GORGEOUS with all the fall colors!!

      Delete
  5. Lovin' these nature pics, And I agree, that photo of Jake is extra cool! Congrats on the hike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thanks. i really do need a congrats cause that shiz is HARD for me. how are people so athletic?

      Delete
  6. Okayyyy. First, your pictures are always amazing. So there's that. And second, your hat!! I wish I could pull it off. It's so cute and adorable and precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are too kind. and i'm sure you could pull it off so effortlessly!

      Delete
  7. These photos are the cutest and that scenery is just gorgeous! I've been wanting a plaid scarf for quite some time too!

    xo erica
    seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and get a plaid scarf! it will be the best decision of your day!

      Delete