Top Social

in tha kitchen + faq

Saturday, December 6, 2014
I am considering putting together a FAQ/commonly asked questions about my camera, editing software, coconut oil, getting married at 19, braids, etc.... If you have any questions you think I should add to it please let me know! Thanks!

Back to the original post… I don't what it is lately, but I have been going through a MEGA baking/cooking phase. I have all these pins on Pinterest and they are just so tempting, especially when there isn't a whole ton of food at the house and I don't want to spend half our income eating out (jokes, but you poor college kids know what I'm talking about). SO BAKING IT IS. Also the cold weather makes me want to bake 100% more for some reason. 

Do you want to know the only good thing about working at Starbuck's during the holiday season? Getting a red apron!!!!! I'm obsessed. It *almost* made having a constant line of at least 10 people worth it :)

Me and the bae went to Slab and split a pizza for lunch the other day. We then came home for dinner and Jake decided out of all the things I wanted to try making, he would like pizza LOL.

I used this recipe for the crust (because I'm still on the hunt for the perfect pizza dough). Also, when making a pizza for your bb, you must make a heart pizza… right?! Jake liked this crust best out of all we've tried so far, but I'm still searchin' cause it wasn't my cup of tea.

Want to know something that did work? THESE AVOCADO AND TOMATO QUESADILLAS. So good. Soooo good. Sprinkle some cumin and smoked paprika on there and you're in good shape.

Thursday I skipped school to watch The Vampire Diaries for 12 hours and do computer things. I decided to make this cake, and it wasn't the best. Idk… maybe my mom, Jake, and I just don't have the palette needed for it, but ya. Kind of a bummer too, because it took a decent chunk of time to make. But it looks good, right?

Anyways!! I'm 100% obsessed with baking and cooking right now. Even if the majority of recipes I try are a fail lol. If anyone out there has vegetarian dishes, or cute treats that they've tried from Pinterest that have actually worked, definitely send me a link!! I'm starting to get a little peeved with all these weirdo recipes that just look good because the photography is the most beautiful LOL.

XOXO
- - - - -
E


20 comments on "in tha kitchen + faq"
  1. It's 9am and my mouth is watering at those pizza pics. I need pizza in my life right now haha. and I know what you mean about recipes! pretty photography can be so deceiving. so I always cook/bake with recipes from allrecipes.com, because they have reviews and stuff so you know they'll be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'll have to check them out. I just never know like what I want to bake, so when a picture pops up on pinterest I'm always like "ok!" Just cause it gives me the idea already haha. Darn pinterest!

      Delete
  2. No love baking and I have the same problem with recipes on Pinterest! But there is one recipe I tried that was a HUGE hit so I'll leave the link here. Probably the most unhealthy thing I've ever eaten, but also one of the best if you know what I mean. http://pinterest.com/pin/34128909649890336/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks delicious! I'm a total sucker for Pinterest projects with a good photo, too! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they just suck us right in with that beautiful photography huh!!!

      Delete
  4. ohh what kind of cake was it? it looks amazing!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was this! http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-dark-molasses-gingerbread-cake-recipes-from-the-kitchn-155934

      Delete
  5. cutest pair; cutest pizza!

    Smitten Kitchen's recipe is my go-to crust >>

    http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/10/lazy-pizza-dough-favorite-margarita-pizza/

    lately i'm obsessed with topping pizza with olive oil instead of sauce; and putting sliced peach, mozzarella, basil, and drizzled balsamic.

    also, you should try making donuts! you can buy a little donut baking pan off amazon, and they are so unbelievably easy (and delicious) to make!

    xx,
    a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A!! Def trying that pizza dough, and recipe! Sounds 100% delish!!!

      Delete
  6. Oh I know what you mean! I feel like it's so hit and miss with Pinterest! I've made a few recipes on there that are great and some that are just. awful. So yeah haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god I love your apron! That pizza looks bomb! So happy I found your blog, always love finding good reads! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a former barista, I am so surprised someone was excited to have a red apron. The first year I got one, I immediately split caramel all over it and I had to hand wash it at home. All the next years, I was removed from the list. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha!!! so funny!! i wanted a pink apron with the new pastry line but never got one :( still lovin' my red though!

      Delete
  9. Um your pizza looks like perfection. So good!
    And the cake is adorable - I'm not too great at decorating cakes, it's one of the things I'm trying to work on...my cakes always look like a four year old decorated them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try using like a spatula, and then rinsing it off with hot water in between "spreads"! i took a cake decorating class when i did 4-h hahahah and that's what the lady taught us. it's worked pretty well so far!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Is was! You must go there and eat, love, and be merry! ;)

      Delete