Top Social

the best cake balls ever

Thursday, October 23, 2014
If you have already made cake balls and are about to skip this post KEEP READING. The recipes that call for a package of cream cheese are whack. MAKE THESE. They are the best. I promise I promise I promise. I try cake balls everywhere I go, and I've never found any that are better than this. And no, I'm not bragging because it's not even my recipe! My mom showed it to me, and I have no idea where she got it. It's probably online somewhere, let's be honest.

Here's what you'll need:
Red velvet cake mix (canola oil, water, and eggs too) / A can of cream cheese frosting / Almond bark / Sprinkles

Step 1: Bake a red velvet cake.

Step 2: Crumble the cake in a huge bowl. Add the entire can of cream cheese frosting. Mix it together well. (If you are like me, and this part totally makes you lose your appetite for cake balls, make someone else do it, haha.)


Step 3: Measure 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll it into a ball. Set it onto a paper plate. Repeat this until the plate is full and then put the plate into the refrigerator. Repeat until all the mixture is gone.

Step 4: Microwave the almond bark in 30 second increments until it's completely melted. Roll each cake ball in the chocolate. Set on a paper plate and put in the refrigerator.

Step 5: You're done. These are 12359834534% better chilled, so keep them in the fridge until you're ready to serve them! It's as easy as that, kids. Enjoy!

3 comments on "the best cake balls ever"
  1. what?! there are recipes that make you mix in straight up cream cheese? that's just weird. these look amazing and I love that you put cute little sprinkles on them. I love cake balls but I hate that it takes forever for the cake to cool enough to mix the frosting in haha. oh well, they're worth it. I might have to make some of these this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good lord these look incredible. I'm so terrible at baking though I'm sure I'd end up ruining them ha. xx

    Eärendil

    ReplyDelete
  3. um cream cheese frosting?! totally brill.

    ReplyDelete