Top Social

Shirley's Bakery

Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Do you ever wake up one morning and realize that you haven't done anything different for the past three weeks? That's how we were. All of the sudden we were like, "Wait, we don't have tests to study for? Jake doesn't have work? There isn't a party or event we need to attend? WHAT DO WE DO?!?!" Considering "date night" for the past couple weeks had been watching The Office and falling asleep on the couch, we decided to EXPLORE. There are so many places on my Utah page in my travel journal... we have to start crossing them off! So, Shirley's Bakery and Cafe in Provo it was.

Basically we felt like it was exactly like Kneader's, except they had a better pastry assortment in our opinion. Jake got a cinnamon walnut (?) twist, and I got a raspberry big foot. And yes, they were both delicious.

Also, we both got these delish paninis (me: veggie, jake: chicken ranch something) that come with THE BEST CHIPS and a pickle spear. I used to hate pickle spears when I worked in food, but now I love them? Anyone else? There's something about them that is different from regular pickles, I swear. 


We then went home and were in an episode of The Twilight Zone because we did nothing for a long time and then went to see Guardians (<-- still can't spell that word right, ever) of the Galaxy at the dollar theatre because #poorcollegestudents. It was actually really good! There were plenty of funny parts, but we literally cried our eyes out at Root. Jake loved when he slammed all those guys in the tunnel, and I loved at the end of the credits when he's dancing in a pot. GOOD THINGS, GOOD THINGS. 


Jake has three tests this week, so wish him luck! (He doesn't need it though, because he has this condition where he always does really good on tests and I don't understand what it is.)

Also, I know my url won't work without "www" in front of it, and also my old url (www.thelittlediary.com) won't forward here. So, both of those things are annoying, but I've been assured they will be fixed within 24 hours! So, we will have to wait and see. Hopefully I don't lose all of you to the cyber abyss!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

2 comments on "Shirley's Bakery"
  1. ohhh that food! i just ate, but now i'm hungry again, so good!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh haha i feel ya. why can't stomachs be endless so we can eat all the delicious food?

      Delete