Top Social

The Best Camping Trip Of The Year!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Camping at walkup campsites is like, saving thousands of dollars and then giving it to a stranger and trusting them to put it in the bank for you. It's scary and sometimes works out but then also doesn't. Friday night I was a hot mess you guys. I had put so much planning into our camping trip, BUT THEN WE FELL ASLEEP. We woke up at like 7:00 (2 hours after we were supposed to leave) and I was pretty sure we would never find a walkup site that was available, considering the site was like an hour and a half from our house.

Long story short, Balsam Campground was a small heaven. They had not one, but like three sites available at 8:30 pm, so what miracle was this?!?! I literally started jumping up and down with Jake once we found out the site we wanted was available haha.

I'm going to make a guide eventually with all the campgrounds we go to, where they are, how much they cost, and what they look like. For now, though, I'm just keeping track of the cool places we go on this Google Map! Feel free to check it out if you're living in Utah and wanting new places to go. 

We took Trixie again and it was so fun. I love taking her camping with us haha. 


She cuddled with me during the campfire and while we were sleeping. It was so cute haha. I am obsessed with our two person sleeping bag. Best money we've ever spent!


The next morning I woke up like right before the sunrise to find water for Trixie. It was so funny. I seriously felt like I was in The Walking Dead or something. I was still wearing my pajamas and just wandering around by myself with my dog looking for a water source. It was awesome. I'm not hoping for a zombie apocalypse, but if it happens to come I'll be ready! We ended up finding water and Trixie didn't even care. Ha. Such is life.


OK BUT THIS KETTLE. I literally bought this for my mom like 8 years ago because I thought it would be cute to have a tea kettle on our oven. Long story short she used it for potpourri, I washed it like a thousand times, and now it works perfectly for hot chocolate in the morning. We were debating whether or not the "tea kettle whistle" was a real thing or just something they do in movies. Needless to say, when it started whistling we were very pleased. 



It's taken us a second to find our camping breakfast but we're there now! BAGELS. They are so good and I love roasting them. 

I promise I didn't mean to match anything haha. I am still lol-ing because it looks like I am one of those people who is like, obsessed with one color and only wears it haha. 

Trixie dug through this leaf pile for a few minutes and then just walked away? Dogs are so weird lol. 

Bae with second bae. <3.

We love it when she sleeps like this hahahahahhaa.


Can you see the fall colors starting to come in?! YAY. I am NOT a summer person, you guys. I get overheated so easily and hate feeling hot and sweaty. So I am SO READY for fall to be here. The clothes, the leaves, the pumpkin flavors, and not to mention it means we are that much closer to winter!! (Which is the best season of the year, obviously... :))

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Campground details:
Balsam, close to Springville
$20
Water and bathroom on site
We stayed at #4 and loved it.
The fire pits have grates so you don't have to bring one.
4 comments on "The Best Camping Trip Of The Year!"
  1. I absolutely love your camping posts! They give me such camping vibes that I want to pack up and go RIGHT THIS MINUTE! We have yet to take our pup, Blue, camping with us, but I have a very strong feeling that he'd love it as much as Trixie does! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE SO CUTE. BOTH OF YOU. AND TRIXIE. Gosh. I love camping. I'm hoping that I can go somewhere when spring becomes more spring-y :)

    ReplyDelete