Top Social

Seattle/Bainbridge: Day 1

Wednesday, September 9, 2015
FI'm one of those people who feels the need to organize every single aspect of their lives, including my vacation posts. So, that's why we are going in chronilogical order, starting with day one. (Whenever someone says "chronilogical order" I almost always fall asleep immediately, but WAKE UP PEOPLE. THIS IS SEATTLE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.)

And so it begins...
Note to world: If you do not yet own a Cotopaxi backpack, then go buy a Cotopaxi backpack.

I got the wrong book in the mail, but when the surgeon found an eye, some teeth, and a few fingernails in a kid's brain within the first few pages, it was easy to keep going. ;)

Let it be known that if I ever got a tattoo, this is what it would be. (Except 10x better drawn haha.)

I AM SO SAD ABOUT THESE YOU GUYS. So, they are these little logs sent from heaven at Pike's Place. We got 5 just to taste all the flavors, because we assumed we would be back. Well, long story short we didn't get back to the market until Monday and they were one of the few shops that was CLOSED. It was heart breaking. I felt like a lover who was watching their soul mate board a plane to leave forever. </3


We ended up getting pizza and a caprese sandwich at DeLaurenti. I had them heat up my sandwich and it was SO GOOD. Like a grilled cheese on steroids. 


When you are with Jake and you pass a donut stand, you must stop and taste said donuts. 



When your name is Emily and you see a stand with various flavors of apple cider, you must stop and try all the flavors before deciding on peach.



When you are BB Power Couple you must stop and eat said treats at a park, equal parts excited and horrified at the homeless man you saw doing drugs, and at all the selfie sticks. 



During our walk to the ferry we passed two of the cutest shops ever! I found my uncle the perfect wedding card :) One of the shops had these little crochet/knit kits with different animals. They had a little "Knit Your Own Zombie" kit and I have so much regret for not buying it haha.



The ferry to Bainbridge will always be one of my favorite things :)

We walked from the ferry to our hotel and it was so fun to just observe everything around us. The rest of the night was spent with family eating dinner and catching up. More to come tomorrow! 

XOXO
- - - - -
E

12 comments on "Seattle/Bainbridge: Day 1"
  1. How fun! I've never been to Seattle but I've heard so many great things about it. Definitely experiencing travel envy right now... Also that apple cider looks amaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Lovin' all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your trip looks so fun already! & all of that food looks aaaaaaamazing, definitely making me hungry & craving donuts now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I get the same way when I look at pictures of food

      Delete
  4. i've always wanted to go to that farmer's market! you cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me about this Cotopaxi backpack.
    This post makes me veryyyyy hungry. For bread and cheese. Ooey gooey cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing. It's an amazing company too. "Gear for good" is their catch phrase. I'll bring my backpack when I come visit you and you can check it out if you want. But I am seriously obsessed with them. I got Jake one too and he's obsessed now haha

      Delete
  6. I got so happy about the size of those donuts? They seemed smaller than the average donut? Also i'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE Seattle and I'm so glad you feel the same. I use to go up there all the time but work is taking over my life. I need a trip soon. Tell me where you go those cute donuts, I need to go there!

    ReplyDelete