Top Social

celebrations

Saturday, January 3, 2015
I don't know about everyone else, but I for one am so sick of seeing "year in review" posts haha. So, I'll spare you and share photos from our New Year's Eve instead. If you really want to read about my year, the archive link is on the sidebar ;)

Anyways, whoever invented the idea of giving gift cards to college students is a GENUIS! We went to Chili's and enjoyed a very tasty meal complete with The Molten, which is in my opinion the best dessert of all the desserts at all the restaurants. (Except maybe the chocolate pudding at Cafe Trio. I still dream about that stuff.)

We stopped by Jake's friend's party for a little while, and then headed home to get our teen adventure on by watching Moral Instruments. Can we talk about Lily Collin's eyebrows for a second? Sometimes they are so perfect I cry, but then sometimes they are like, 100% too big. So, that's weird to me. 

Also, if you have not yet tried the Apple-Grape Martinelli's then you are seriously missing out some very real happiness.

And lastly, what movie night would be complete without the cutest small angel of the world? (Not the phone, Trixie. Hahahah.)

I've never really been a "resolutions!!!!" person, because I find that if I just tell myself I am going to play the piano more as opposed to "play the piano every day!" then I usually end up doing better at the goal haha. So, I'm thinking I might make very vague goals this year, and see where that gets me. Pretty much the only goal I reached from last year was to get above a 3.0 every semester, so yay for that! Jake on the other hand is just like, "Hmmm, I haven't run a lot before, but this year I am going to run a half marathon." Then he like, gets out of bed the next day and runs 6 miles. Men, am I right? Like, can you share some of that manly strength and endurance with my baby body please? 

Anyways, 2014 was good! Not for any specific reason, but just because it was another wonderful year I got to spend with my lovely, lovely bb. Also, we went to New York and my dreams of living there were VERY solidified haha. So, hopefully 2015 will bring some equally awesome things!

XOX0
- - - - -
E

14 comments on "celebrations"
  1. gift cards are the best for ANYONE! being a preschool teacher i get tons of target and starbucks gift cards and they literally save my life every year! happy new year emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. target and starbuck's!! those are pretty quality gift cards. you lucky duck!

      Delete
  2. yes-tired of those wrap up posts too! If you ever get to So Cal-try the butter Cake at Maestros-nothing like it ! And I don't even like cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. added it to my list! thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. hahahahaha you are cracking me up about lily collins eyebrows! i have a love-hate relationship with them! i think the most i could just get up and run is 3 miles, i have never been able to run 6 miles. that's so impressive! happy new year! :)

    xo, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awkward. Spare yourself and Don't look at my last post or my next one 😳🙈 haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Molten at Chili's is also my favoritest of all restaurant desserts, and I am so happy to have found another human who feels the same! Nothing else compares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK- THE EYEBROWS.
    This is been a major struggle for me. I was BORN with BUSHES for the eyes. bushes I say.
    NO Lie.
    So when this whole "big eyebrows are in" thing came into play...I got scared.
    I wasn't really going to let my eyebrows go...but Lily did...I have tried loving them...tried real hard...but just can't. At least no 100% of the time...but i do love that hair :) hahah!
    Sorry- novel.

    P.S. I have an even better recipe for the molten lava cake--I need to give it to you or we need to make it because it really is un-freakin-real.
    Thanks...
    The end.

    ReplyDelete