Top Social

readathon!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Do you guys remember readathons in like, elementary school? They were pretty much my very favorite thing in the world at that point in my life. Jake and I both made resolutions to read more, so we did a little readathon night. Mila lent me Mindy Khaling's book and I'm obsessed with it. My favorite parts so far have been her Voldemort and Nagini comparison to her and her friend, and her statment that she was drawn to Dartmouth because of her love for white people and North Face parkas (she's kidding, obviously). Seriously lol-ing has been happening. 

I can't have a post without a picture of Trixie, apparently. So, here you go.

A very real pro of living in your mother's basement is being able to take all of the available pillows and cushions in house and pile them into a giant bed, covered with layers and layers of blankets. We call it a "bed fort" and it is amazing, also so so so comfortable. 

It's so comfortable that Jake fell asleep on my back during our readathon hahahahaha.

All in all, a p good night. I made this queso recipe and it was DELICIOUS. We left out the chili and it was seriously just as good, but you could definitely add it if you're not vegetarian. 

XOXO
- - - - -
E

10 comments on "readathon!"
  1. yesssss readathons haha i haven't thought of those in years! mindy is my favorite. i read that book a couple years ago & laughed the whole time. it also made me decide to watch the mindy project & i seriously love that show. you need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what everyone keeps saying! maybe i'll have to try it out when i'm done with vampire diaries haha.

      Delete
  2. Ah readathons were my favorite! Me and my three best friends always rocked those library reading lists and would share books with each other. They are some of my favoritest memories :)
    And Mindy's book is SO funny!! After reading it I have a major girl crush on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ditto! like only a month ago did i find out she wrote for the office and it made me like her 10x more haha.

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a readathon! Just got Amy Pohler's new book, so it's perfect :--))

    ReplyDelete