Top Social

project 365 / 1-3

Sunday, January 4, 2015
I saw this idea on Kaylah's blog and thought it would be fun this year, since I'm pretty much done with school and can dedicate more time to photography. 

Day 1: I finally got to meet and shoot with my hair role model. The sunset when we were leaving was so so so pretty. I have probably taken way too many sunset photos, but I just can't help myself! 

Day 2 / I did a small shoot for a deal Dana Leigh Apparel ran on Saturday. Needless to say I have been wearing this shirt non-stop ever since. Judge me. 

Day 3 / I finally made heart waffles with my heart waffle maker! I threw some Abbie and Ellie Kneader's syrup on there and it was basically a small heaven. Also, the waffle maker has a little beep that goes off when the waffle is done. BURNED WAFFLES NO MORE!!! I care so much about it. Sooo much. 

Funny story: Someone left a typed note in our mailbox about Skully. Here are some very real excerpts from it.   "Please accept my observation in the spirit in which is it intended: not to be critical but to encourage you to provide proper protection for your pet by establishing regularly a warm environment in the winter and a cool one during the hot summer months." "Thank you so much."

There was a little more to it than that, but I will spare you. They signed it with their first initial and last name, but we still have no idea who it is. So, I'm posting this in hopes that whoever wrote the letter will  see it and know the truth! She has been hanging around the neighborhood for quite a while as neighbors have informed us, so she handles winter somehow (although it's freezing and I have no idea how). Also, if the Note Writer only knew how many hours I have sat out there with her trying to get her to eat from my hand haha. When I first started taming her she wouldn't come out if she could see us. When we pulled up in the driveway she would hide and wouldn't come out. Now she will come out and eat in front of us, but still won't let us pet her. She will come inside if I put her food dish inside, but that's about it.

Anyways, so I bought her a little bed and some cat nip (which led to the funniest conversation with my mom) in hopes that the Note Writer would be able to see that we are not choosing for her to stay outside, rather she is crazy wild and will not come inside the house.

So, that was that. Good intentions I think, but they obviously don't know how obsessed I am with cute animals haha, because if Skully was a friend I would be allllll over that ish. So, if you know who wrote it, let them know I am working on it and hopefully she will be domesticated soon…ish. :)

XOXO
- - - - -
E

4 comments on "project 365 / 1-3"
  1. I love that you love animals. I'm taking care of a feral colony, which takes up residence mostly in my backyard! They totaled 18 at first, but the colony has now dwindled d to 12. It took me 2 years to trap them so they could be neutered. I made sure they received their initial vaccinations, too. Most of the cats are wild - they'll come to me only at feeding time. The rest, I feel, are adoptable, but I don't want to let them go. They're family and I want them to stay together. Great photos. What type of cameras do you use for your blog photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh! that's so many! you are so kind. and you can read about my photo equipment in my "faq" link on the sidebar.

      Delete
  2. it sounds like you've been doing so many cool photoshoots! keep at it gurrrrrl! i love your photography & seeing where it goes. hahah and i love the note that the people left for you. so great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha so weird. i want to know who it is so badly.

      Delete