Top Social

Chandler, Arizona: Day 1

Saturday, October 17, 2015
YOU GUYS. My friend Beverly was nice enough to let me come visit her in Arizona earlier this week. I feel like Bev and I go wayyyyyy back. We've been friends pretty much since when I started blogging. We've hung out a time or two when she's been in Utah and it's been great fun. After I discovered Allegiant's super cheap flights when we went to San Francisco to visit Leah, I thought it would be fun to go to Arizona too! I chatted Bev up and BAM. Friends IRL again.

To start the day off, we went for breakfast at Peixoto. It was soooo good. I loved the latte art the most, but my chocolate croissant was a close second. They had this tea called Cascara that I wanted to try but didn't. So, if any of you try it let me know how it tastes! :)


Gwen was such a trooper accompanying us everywhere ha! She is seriously the cutest. I stayed in her room. The first morning I was there she found me in her bed and just stood there staring at me for a good 3 minutes. It was the funniest thing. I think she liked me alright and didn't mind me stealing her room ;)


Guys, I tried on of those wrap around braids. I liked it, except for the fact some guy in a car thought it was a short haircut and that I was a lesbian! Ha! We were walking down the street and this guy leaned out his window and yelled at us, "F****** LESBIANS!!!!" We were so confused for a while, until we decided that my hair probably looked like a really short cut to him. (He was still a jerk though lol.) It was the funniest part of our day for sure. We decided that being mistaken for lesbians means we're at the true height of our friendship :)

Bev took us to Liberty Market for lunch!

Mega lol at the employee I just realized in this picture!!





Isn't it the cutest little street?! 

The caprese salad, grilled cheese sandwich, and caprese pasta salad. I don't know what they do to their mozzarella cheese, but it was hands down the best I've ever had. It's impossible for me to not order caprese salads if they are on the menu ha!

We also tried a kouign-amann for dessert and it was pretty good. I have been wanting to try it ever since reading the one at Les Madeline's in Salt Lake is one of the top ten desserts in Utah. Whoa!


We spent the rest of the night chatting and buying everything pumpkin spice at Target (literally lol). It was SO NICE to be with a friend who understood the picture taking and video making haha. Miss you, Bev! <3

XOXO
- - - - -
E

4 comments on "Chandler, Arizona: Day 1"
  1. Seriously love everything about this post!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw!!! Miss you too.
    I'm so, so happy that you were able to take a few days off to come see me! It was so nice to learn more about you. I really love these photos, too :) I may steal some for a blog post :)
    Alsoooooo. Let me know whenever you put your vlog together and share it! I want to post mine after yours because chronological order, yo. And then after the vlogs are posted, I'll upload the two other fun videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take any you want! 😊 I'll try to finish my vlog today!

      Delete