Top Social

A Happy List: 67

Monday, May 25, 2015


Getting two free "eats" at my job every day. / Getting a new outfit for our anniversary pictures and feeling very "Blair Waldorf" about it. / Going through all my old clothes and seriously getting rid of half the things I have. I am going to be putting them up for sale bidding style here. But I am not setting the bid at anything, so you can bid like $1 and get it haha. So, go follow that if you want to snag some deals. / When the Dawson's Creek theme song came on at my work. / My mom getting the house sprayed for bugs at last! / Having my first book club meeting with Riley. So much fun! If you want to come to the next one we will be reading The Four Agreements and meeting sometime in June. We'll post about it in the Friends IRL group and if you need the link to that let me know. / Doing more creative photography. / Chatting with cashiers. / When I walked by the front door and saw Trixie had somehow gotten out of the backyard, but instead of running around the neighborhood she just came to the front porch and took a nap. / Cucumber and hummus jammers. 

- - - - -

Here are some funny things people said this week.

Me: "We have so much candy and I don't want any of it."
Jake: "Emmy, don't talk to our candy like that."

Me: "Gosh, I'm so obsessed with you right now for some reason."
Jake: "Oh, really? Wait... are you talking to me or Trixie?"

I wear bralettes around the house because it is SO DANG HOT EVERYWHERE. So, my mom's friend came to the door and I told my mom to get the door. She told me it was just someone picking her up and I would be fine/wouldn't need to go put a sweater on. Well, they were talking about getting a pen and my mom has one of those houses where you're trapped from your room unless you want to run across the entry way to get there. So, I hurried and threw on Jake's jacket and pretended to be casually looking for food in the pantry, since there was no where I could go without them seeing me. My mom walks in and is like, "Sorry, Emily's not quite dressed." HAHAHAHA.

Jake: "I owe you and your mom at least one day a week of cleaning." *proceeds to clean entire house* BEST HUSBAND

Jake: "I never know what Trixie likes and doesn't like to be honest."

My sister: "Did you see who was at the door?"
Me: "Ah! No! Don't open it!"
My sister: "Should I?"
Me: "No!"
My sister goes to open the door but quickly grabs a pen as a weapon before. It turned out it was someone she knew and we lol-ed that her instinct was to grab a pen haha!

Me: "What's better, the chocolate chip cookie or the dirt ball?"
Employee: "The dirtball."
Me: "Is it really? Are you just saying that because you have to?"
Employee: "Well, I work here. So, I think I would know."

Me: "Jake! I lost another pound!"
Jake: "Did you? We better get you some dessert so you can gain that back!"

- - - - -

Here are some internet things to make you happy! How cool is this iron fish? It's such a good idea! Also, I was telling Jake about this and he was so confused and said, "So, it's a live fish you breed?" haha. / Ok baby giraffe, you win at being the cutest sleeper. / Jake, are you ready to build one of these and travel the world with me? / How neato is this tape art? / OBSESSED WITH THIS BABY FOX.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

4 comments on "A Happy List: 67"