Top Social

A Happy List: 66 + moving announcement

Monday, May 18, 2015
Seeing so many people I know at the chocolate shop! My first customer was someone who went to my high school! Ha! / Realizing how certain roads in Utah are so beautiful to drive down, like driving east on Timpanogos Highway or driving south on 900 east. / The way all the green trees and grass looks during golden hour. / The lady walking by me complimenting my hair. / I was cleaning the doors at work and one of the three songs I have on my "I'm awesome" playlist came on! That playlist always makes me feel invincible. / Sitting by the front room windows while it was pouring rain outside. / My inlaws visiting me at work! So fun! / Auntie Anne's lemonade. SO GOOD. / Finally nailing down a budget and having it be somewhat realistic. / And lastly, finding out I got into Fordham! I am deferring my admission to serve with Americorps VISTA. So, in August of 2016 we will be packing our bags and moving to New York City. Such a dream come true! I am going to be attending Fordham's Master's of Social Work program and I'm so excited! I'm also very excited to finally meet my long time blog friend Autumn in person! 

- - - - -

Here are some funny things that were said this week.

Jake: "Should we go to the exciting, new Taco Bell this time?" (This very accurately sums up our life.)

Jake: "Nobody puts bb in a basement." 

Jake: "I don't trust that white cat."

- - - - -


- - - - -

A VERY GOOD WEEK INDEED. I am so over the moon that I actually got into grad school and that we will be moving to NYC. I have wanted to move there for sooooo long and now that it's actually happening I can't contain my excitement!! Yay! Also, I'm happy that I was able to choose a grad school that has a good MSW program but that also won't put us in a super unreasonable debt. I struggled with deciding about how much to spend for quite a while, so I'm glad I got that figured out. Life is very good for us over here. We have now eliminated like, 10 variables and can actually formulate a pretty good plan for our future. Yay for plans! Now, I just have to figure out how to wait a year and 3 months to move to New York and not go stir crazy! 

XOXO
- - - - -
E
Post Comment
Post a Comment