Top Social

A Happy List: 147

Monday, December 26, 2016

Figuring out that fructose is what has been making me sick after like a year of seemingly random issues.
J putting his hands all the way through the train hand holders, like he was in jail.
The feeling of the layer of bubbles in a bath from underneath.
J said he has been planning on getting us a dog this summer!
When a guy's backpack got stuck in a closing train door lol.
Getting back into working out and starting BBG again ugh.
Recreating Olive Garden's salad soooo well.
The heated toilet seat at our hotel in Japan.
Eating a lil' hamburger from McDonald's.
Seeing the sunrise from our hotel room.

- - - - -

J telling me about the bidet: "I remember the first few times I did it, I felt violated."

J still telling me about bidets: "Wiping is so last year."

Me when it was time to check in for our flights: "I checked you in cuz baby."
J: "You checked me in?! Wait! You need to teach me how to do these things so I can be independent if you die."

J: "Do you see that baby right there? Same."

(Me and J always fake die. He did it while driving but kept his eyes open.)
Me: "Were you dead?!?!"
J: "I was sems dead."

J ranting about 2 lane freeways. "What are they, trying to preserve the bridge? Um, make the bridge bigger?"

- - - - -

Movies I watched this week. (This is A LOT because of our flights to and from Tokyo lol.)
Tarzan: It was ok, but not what I was expecting. That guy is freaking RIPPED though. Can I be him ya know?

Ghost Busters: I loved this. I thought it was very feminist in a non-obvious way. J didn't even notice that they were all women and no men, which I feel like is a good sign that they did it well.
Nerve: I thought this was so good! Also made me LOL because Staten Island hahahaha.

Anthropoid: This was good. I wasn't giving it my full attention and also it was weird to see The Scarecrow as someone else. But it was very good and inspiring!

The Intervention: I thought this would be dumb but I actually loved it in a weird way. There were some good one liners and some good indie characters. I also liked the underlying moral about not being in other people's business, because you've most likely got similar issues haha.

Ben Hur: My mom LOVES Ben Hur so I gave this a shot. I am not the biggest fan on movies that take place in an older time, so that might have lost me. But also just like WTF is going on in this whole movie? He tries to prove the other guy wrong by racing horses? Idk maybe that's wrong? Also Ancient Greece was just BRUTAL gosh. I hate when people talk about how bad the world is today, because HELLO! GLADIATORS USED TO BE A REAL THING.

The BFG: I read this book as a kid and had high hopes. I was really disappointed. I felt like it was every child's worst nightmare? Weird guy takes you from home and won't return you at your request? HELLO LET'S NOT. And then they become friends and all the (SPOILER ALERT) the bad giants get exiled to some crappy island? Like it just seemed mean and to be teaching children bad principles haha. I will not let my kids watch it. 

I.T.: I get what they were doing with this, but it just didn't turn out very well.

Don't Breathe: I actually wasn't expecting anything from this, because I had run out of movies to watch on the plane. It turned out to be SO GOOD!!!

- - - - -

Sorry I missed last week! I freaking HATE missing weeks for my happy lists, but I was traveling and the time difference was 14 hours (or something) and it was just a weird time. So, please forgive me.

I've got lots of Tokyo posts coming up!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Post Comment
Post a Comment