Top Social

Boob-date: Weeks 2 and 3 (Breast Reduction Journey)

Friday, December 2, 2016


Friday (one week post op):

I drove for the first time today! It wasn't too bad, although underneath my armpit got achey? Strange.

I went to my follow up appointment and my plastic surgeon said that everything looks great! I'll go back in 2 weeks.

- - - - -

Saturday:

I busted open a scab and bled through my surgical bra and onto my sheets! Yikes! This freaking stain remover works just as well as everyone says it does, though.

Monday:

I put on one of my spandex-y crop tops and almost cried at how good it looked! I wasn't wearing a bra and it looked fine. It wasn't boob-city or anything. #smallvictories #punintended #isthatapun

Tuesday:

I did full makeup for the first time since the surgery! It felt good to get ready again.

Wednesday:

I burst another scab and bled a little. UGH I NEED TO CHILL.

Thursday (about 2 weeks post op):

I wore a form fitting dress to our Thanksgiving dinner and it was a BIG mistake. So uncomfortable :(. I need to stay in really comfortable, loose fitting clothing for a while I guess!

- - - - -

Tuesday:
Most of my incisions are just scars now! A few are still scabby.

Thursday:
I am gross and have picked off most of my scabs lol.

Friday (about 3 weeks post op):

UGH YOU GUYS. This day has been sooooo freaking weird.

So I was going to be late to my check up appointment. I called. A guy answered (I have only heard women answer the phone). I told him I would be 10 minutes late. He said he would let them know. I get there. The door is locked. I call again and tell them I am here for my appointment but the door is locked. He says he will call the surgeon and tell them to unlock the door for me. The surgeon comes and tries to unlock the door but it takes them like 45 seconds because it's jammed. They let me in and apologize. They go to check me in and are like, "I don't see you scheduled for today?" I'm like, "Oh really?" Then I check my phone and see it's on Monday ughhhh. But I was in too deep so I was just like, "I have it down for today? Maybe I wrote it down wrong?" And then they were like, "Oh well! You're already here so let's just go back." *The actual check up takes literally less than a minute so it wasn't too much trouble, but I felt dumb lol.*

OK THEN THE NEXT TWILIGHT ZONE THING HAPPENS.

So, I posted this on my snapchat (@emmycoletti) so go watch it because it's the full story there. But basically, I applied to this graduate school and I am convinced it's a cover and actually a government conspiracy. They closed my program, kept my application fee, and I can't get a hold of anyone there. I actually went in there one time and there wasn't anyone on the entire social work floor. I had to walk around and peek in offices before I found 1 woman to ask a question to. So I guess I am just going to lose my application fee because 0 people work there.


Anyway! Aside from the weird Twilight Zone things...


My incisions are healing well. I got the ok to stop wearing this surgical bra, which is good because it smells bad and I somehow managed to get chocolate all over it lol.


I think this is my last boob-date! They probably won't change much! I should be able to start wearing underwire again in January and I'm guessing they will be at the size they'll be at forever around February? Idk. But I don't feel like any of that deserves it's own post! So goodbye, boob-dates!

And thank you to everyone who has cared. I have to tell you, I LOL (literally) on a weekly basis to the older generations reaction to my opacity about this hahahah. It is SO FUNNY. So, thank you to the older generation for having the greatest reactions.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

2 comments on "Boob-date: Weeks 2 and 3 (Breast Reduction Journey)"
  1. Sharing this here bc I wasn't sure where else to put it: http://thelarsonhouse.com/my-breast-reduction-surgery-story-2/

    Maybe you already knew Elsie Larson had a breast reduction?? I was just surprised lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I didn't follow her personal life super closely, but I'm glad she finally did it! It would be interesting to hear more about what her recovery was like

    ReplyDelete