Top Social

The Time I Stopped Showering

Saturday, December 3, 2016
I have had my fair share of days without showering (camping trips when I was a teenager, ok?!) but after my breast reduction it reach a WHOLE new level. It probably doesn't help that I have to wear the same surgical bra every day UGH! I don't think I can go back to a regular bra until it's been 6 weeks. This means that in Tokyo I will be wearing it, but it's chill cause it's mostly sweater weather there in December, right?!


Here's the thing: After a breast reduction, your incisions like, leak fluid. Nothing super gross, but just a lil' bit. ALSO, you have to be careful because you can get an infection while your incisions are still healing. 


So, from the time I got my reduction I had 6 weeks until we were leaving for Tokyo. I REALLY didn't want to get an infection because it could maybe mean we couldn't go to Tokyo, or it wouldn't be as enjoyable. I don't know how infections work, but I was just scared, ok?!?!?!


So I didn't shower... for like 3 days at one point. (Zomg.) In my defense, it felt SO WEIRD to have my boobs like, exposed to the world. Like they heal pretty boxy and they're not like, blubbery for a while. So it was just a weird experience and one I avoided. It got to a point where I lifted my arm and was like "NOPE." So then I showered and realized my incisions weren't as bad as they had been before, and from there on out it was smooth sailing in the smell department.


Anyway, while I was in my non-showering phase I got these little bb perfumes by Commodity Goods in the mail. They are so beautiful and cute. Now that I am showering again and I have been using mimosa and it smells sooooo good. I always forget to put on perfume, but srsly have you ever stood near someone who smells good? It's like, the biggest... I don't know the word I'm looking for. Not turn on, cuz gross, but just like it makes that person more attractive? Do you know what I mean?




Anyway, I hope you all are keeping better hygiene practices than me! Judge me if you want but it was a traumatic thing and I care not about the judgment! 

XOXO
- - - - -
E

SaveSave
2 comments on "The Time I Stopped Showering"
  1. I usually go without showering for 3 days- dry shampoo, deodorant wipes, and ponytails. *peace out*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the ones made by Pacifica. You can find them at target and I think ulta?

    ReplyDelete