Top Social

San Francisco: Day 1

Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Here are some pictures from our first day of our trip! We flew through Provo airport for DIRT CHEAP. Seriously, check flights there if you're wanting to go to L.A., San Francisco, or Mesa. We probably won't bring a suitcase next time, because they charge extra. Still, it was a way good deal. We ended up doing this whole trip for under $500!



We stayed with Leah, who has been on this blog many times before! They just moved out there a few months ago after living here for a while! I miss her and our blog hang outs, but they do have a cute little set up over there complete with two adorable kitties. I'm not a super cat person, but I do love playing with other people's kittens!

First stop: La Boulange. 5 out of 5! 


Second stop: Sift. The whoopie was too good. We'll definitely be recreating it at home. Also, my sprinkle macaron was the cutest. 



After charging my phone at Starbuck's (we went to 3 that day!) we walked to Lover's Lane and explored San Francisco along the way. My favorite stop was Alta Plaza park. So many cute puppies. 





Jakey baker on baker road! Ha! 


 We walked the logs at Lover's Lane.


We walked from Lover's Lane to the Palace of Fine Arts. We stopped at Starbuck's #2 for some water and the barista taught me a life lesson. "Yes, you can get a water. Remember, every restaurant is required by law to serve free water." Nice to know! I've definitely been charged some places!

Pit stop at a pretty pond with a waterfall. 

The palace! Jake was obsessed with this place. He said it is now in his top 10 of coolest places he's seen. 




We walked around the park and enjoyed the views. 




We found a bench with a view! Jake enjoyed falling asleep for a good fifteen minutes, and I enjoyed watching all the people walking their dogs.

The apartments by the Palace are amazing! We loved walking to Starbuck's #3 and looking at all the pretty colored houses. 

I charged my phone at Starbuck's #3 and we had a nice chat with an older man wearing a matching sweater and tie. He was pleasant and claimed to only use his phone for reading journal articles. We then caught a bus and met Leah and her husband for dinner and a show! I can't remember where we ate dinner, but we had ice cream at Bi-Rite afterward and it was DELICIOUS. I will now be on the hunt for honey lavendar ice cream anywhere I go. 

Leah and her husband had 2 extra tickets for a concert that they had bought a year ago, so it worked out nicely! It was 21+ so I finally got to put my new age of 21 to good use! 

All in all, it was a good first day! Special thanks to Leah and her husband for their hospitality! It was too much fun and I can't wait to share the rest of our adventure! And then next year when me and Jake move somewhere cool, Leah and her husband can come visit us! Yay for friends in real life! :)

XOXO
- - - - -
E

14 comments on "San Francisco: Day 1"
  1. Love the Palace of Fine Arts, beautiful photos! Looks like you had a great trip :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just solidified it: I need to move to San Fran.

    Also, I'm sure this on your blog somewhere, maybe even multiple times, but what do you shoot with? (MOre specifically, what did you shoot these pho'os with?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are shot with my iPhone and my Nikon d5200. I use a 35mm 1.8 lens. The third picture down is shot with my Polaroid .42x 58mm fisheye attachment.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe your whole trip was under $500!! And it looks like you guys had so much fun!
    I'm seriously so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. isaac proposed to me in front of the palace of fine arts :) it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little details in this story. Also Jake seems to sleep a lot, haha.
    Come visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually lol-ing at "Jake seems to sleep a lot" hahahahahhahaha. And ok!!!! Tickets through Provo airport aren't that expensive. I'll see how much money I can make doing photography/if I get a job hahaha.

      Delete
  6. Holy Mother: my dream is to live in San Francisco. SO beautiful. PS what VSCO pack did you buy? annndd do you find you use them on most of your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought 01! And yeah, I usually do. I'm wondering if I should do a post on photography things. Like what I've found to be useful and my favorite tips and tricks? Idk what do you think?

      Delete