Top Social

life lately

Saturday, February 21, 2015
Agh. Life. What is it, even? Ya know? Although, it turns out it's grammatically correct to say "anyway" instead of "anyways", so I apologize for all grammar nazis out there who were cringing at my constant use of the wrong term.

So, I don't really know why this picture of Trixie happened. It just did. That's all the explanation I feel is needed.

Low quality picture from the hotel room. Also a better picture of us matching. Also Jake's hair was looking really great, and so was the beard. Ya know.

City views will forever be my favorite! Although the mountains are nice sometimes, I feel like I see them so much it's hard to appreciate. You know how wanderlust does that to you? Yeah, serious case over here.

Ok, I'm sorry about my boob, because I really don't know what's going on there. Nothing new, I suppose, but I apologize nonetheless. Sometimes your boobs just get to a certain size and it's like, there's not really much you can do to keep them down. TMI maybe, but really this is a pretty frequent story of my life over here and I've decided it's just going to keep happening so I'm giving up. I know some of you ladies out there are like, "Mhmmmmmm!" right now. But also this is the only picture we took together on Valentine's Day and I want to remember it, gosh darn it!!

Jake had to shave his beard for some skin appointment to get his beard card renewed. (Side note: If you are not living in Utah and/or are not aware of BYU's rules, students are not allowed to have beards (but they can have mustaches??? So, it's like a Twilight Zone episode because you'll be walking around and see all these hipsters with mustaches and it's just not a pleasant experience.) If you do want to have a beard, you have to get it approved. True story. You meet with a guy and he gives you permission to have a beard based on if you're in a play or if you break out when you shave. Then it's awesome because you have a beard card. So, when you go to take a test and they try to not let you because you have a beard, you can flash your card and be all "Biotch, paleaseee!" It's probably the only thing I'm jealous about that men can do and I can't.

ANYWAY, (see what I did there) Jake shaved a mustache to be funny. If you don't know me IRL, just know that I hate mustaches and think they are pretty creepy. It was super weird to see a stache on him haha. I still have mixed feelings, but it doesn't matter because he got approved and the beard will be back. 

I was talking to my mom after coming home one night at like 9 pm. We had been talking in the kitchen for maybe like, 10-20 minutes. Then a timer went off and she pulled out this ENTIRE PAN OF VEGETABLES THAT SHE LITERALLY MADE FOR HERSELF. It was very weird and I didn't understand it. I guess sometimes when you're craving vegetables at night before bed you have to make 10 times the amount so you can have leftovers throughout the week. Maybe it's a mom thing.

The sunset was just pretty.

My cute friend sent me cute snail mail! I've never had a penpal before so I am excited! I need to get cute stationary, but that would involve me leaving the house and I'm not sure how I feel about that (kidding but really). If there are any places to get cute stationary, please let me know!

Ok, life hack for all vegetarians missing sweet and sour chicken (I miss China Wok 1 so much. Go there and get it. It's in Highland behind Pizza Pie Cafe and Kholer's/Ridley's). Buy Gardein Mandarin Crispy Chick'n (you can get it at Wal-Mart sometimes) and then get the sweet and sour sauce from Panda Express, fried rice, and chow mein. It's a small heaven. Like, literally it is sooooo good. I had it again tonight! We ate Chinese for the Chinese New Year, which is something my mom started when I was younger. It's also very strange because we are 0% Chinese. Any excuse to eat out, I suppose!

I'm super obsessed with my new initial necklace from Bohme. I've wanted one for so long and I'm so happy to finally have one!

And lastly, I love when Trixie lays like this. She like, tucks her legs underneath the body and looks like she's legless. I love it, it's so cute haha.

Lately I've just been doing school. Are you sick of hearing that yet? I'm sick of doing it. I have to do 24 credits before April… aka 7 classes. I'm almost dead, but then also almost done so it's pretty good motivation to just finish. I honestly don't know what I'll do when I graduate. Probably lots of DIYs from my Pinterest board, Buffy The Vampire Slayer/other teen soaps, and eating!!

XOXO
- - - - -
E


13 comments on "life lately"
  1. ohmygoodness I am totally with you on the mustache thing! Russ thinks they're fun and so every time he shaves, he leaves a mustache and acts like he's going to keep it. He usually doesn't because he knows I hate them, but still. Yuck haha it's so messed up that they're allowed and beards are not.

    Also, we should do Pinterest DIYs together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're in the friends irl group right? i'll probably post craft night there when they start :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these life lately posts. OKAY the veggie tray thing is totally a mom thing bc my mom does it too! weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ok so weird! maybe they know something we don't :)

      Delete
  4. BYU is weird but whatevs.
    I agree with you about the whole boob issue, esp since mine have grown two sizes since I was pregnant. I now understand why bras were invented. Such a necessity! And it is just too annoying having to worry about cleavage all the time, so EFF IT.
    Also, love your necklace! And I think your mom is pretty smart for making all that food in advance. I love leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah the boobage growth. yeah i can only image what i will be if i am already barely a DD fml.

      Delete
  5. I got an initial necklace for Valentine's day too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your description about byu being filled with hipsters and their mustache's is too accurate and funny haha. same thing at byu-hawaii! love your necklace too! i've been wanting one and now i'm convinced i need it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you need one! they are the cutest! and you're so lucky you're in hawaii. how fun! i wouldn't have guessed it's the same there, hahahaha. sooo funny. i guess it's a byu thing and not a provo thing!

      Delete
  7. bahaha. I love that you apologized for the boob action that was occuring. I wouldn't have even noticed but I enjoyed the laugh!

    ReplyDelete