Top Social

food night events + some pictures of my face

Tuesday, February 10, 2015
First things first, I responded to all comments made on my "real things that need to be discussed" post. Thank you to everyone who made me feel like I'm not the only one who thinks these things sometimes!

Me and Katherine got crepes at Greenhouse Effect for Food Night and they were pretty good. I asked for nutella and strawberry, and they only gave me strawberry. Katherine kept telling me to go back and ask for nutella, but I'm too shy for that ish. I always just feel so mean, accusing the workers of doing their job wrong. Anyways, so I just ate the strawberry. They were pretty good, but I probably wouldn't go there again because it was a horrifying experience (see below).

So here's what looks like a bunch of selfies, but what is really not a bunch of selfies (in theory, anyways).

1 / This is a picture I took while I was horrified waiting for Katherine at Greenhouse Effect. Why was I horrified, you ask? I SHALL TELL YOU. First of all, parking there is like, the creepiest. You drive down this dark alley and park in the back of the cafe, and it's just scary. Also, some girl had just gotten kidnapped in Salt Lake, and the suspect was on the loose. So, that probably wasn't helping my paranoia much. Then, I start walking into the cafe, and like everyone sitting outside there was male, dressed in black, and smoking? Nothing against any of those things, it's just spooky at night when you're alone, walking through crowds of men. I had to wait for Katherine and there were only two other customers in there. The lights were dim, people were scarce, I was the only girl, etc. So basically I took this picture and told Jake where to find my body.

2 / I am obsessed with this new lipstick I got. Mac just gets it.

3 / Barefoot Blonde aka Amber Fillerup is my favorite blogger for a myriad of reasons, but one of them is her braid tutorials. Braids every day over hurrrr.

4 / We got some froyo a week or two ago, and I realized we should never go that long without it again. Those mochi, they just get me, ya know? Also, I decided sprinkles make anything cuter.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

18 comments on "food night events + some pictures of my face"
  1. Ok I am having major hair envy right now!!! Your braids are SO cute!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl check out barefoot blonde! she is amazing and you will have amazing braids after watching her!

      Delete
  2. 1. isaac loves mochi!!! and i just don't understand it haha. it tastes like flower to me, but you and isaac would totally bond over a love for mochi!

    2. WE ARE THE SAME HUMAN. i hate asking for people to fix something that they got wrong. i hate confrontation. which it's not really confrontation, but isn't it!!!!???

    3. i just started trying all her tutorials and i love them. now i feel a need for extensions....

    xo, k
    pocket of blossoms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg no there is a mochi place somewhere with like, different flavors. i will have to find it and tell you haha.

      and omg, get the volumizing mousse from victorias secret! it helps with volume! and for thicker braids, just pull it out more! oh, and coconut oil hair masks :) i'm not against extensions, but i feel like most of us don't have the money to make them look good hahah

      Delete
    2. and by flower...i mean flour hahahaha

      ooooo i'm definitely looking into that mousse! i don't have money for extensions for sure.

      Delete
  3. All I'm sayin is if you paid extra for nutella and didn't get it, I would have definitely said something hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super creepy experience....but love the lipstick!

    www.velee.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED a mac lipstick. you keep reminding me. 'cause it looks killer on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes. i put all the colors i wear in my faq section

      Delete
  6. that braid looks amazing! heading over to the barefoot blonde right now.
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  7. EMILY.

    it was not THAT BAD haha. Need I remind you that YOU chose this place? Next time we'll go somewhere else and hopefully no one gets kidnapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS TERRIFYING! There were so many weird people in there with us. I just can't handle.

      Delete
    2. but i am glad we tried it hahahahahahaha

      Delete