Top Social

i got a job!!!!!

Saturday, November 15, 2014


YOU GUYS. Exciting things are happening over here!

I got my first, real, adult, not-just-anyone-can-get-this job! I'm super excited because my work history has consisted of the dinosaur museum's cafe at Thanksgiving Point, Mimi's Cafe for like a second, Beans and Brews, Starbuck's, back to the dinosaur museum, and then to a different Starbuck's. I liked *most* all of those jobs, but it feels sooooooo good to know I will finally be working in my specialized area at a treatment center!

I found out on Tuesday and it was perfect. I had to go to Draper to get a drug test (which is an awkward story for another time) and then met my friend Katherine. So, I grabbed some Pieology  on the way home (which by the way, did NOT disappoint) and also a rose from the floral shop Jake and I (me unknowingly) got the roses that Jake used to propose to me. 

I honestly didn't think I got the job, and was super bummed about having to take 18 credits next semester. However, now I can do 9 credits of internship (which is really just working), and then 2 online classes, and 1 class in Salt Lake one day a week! Basically my schedule next semester will be 100% heaven and the perfect way to end my undergraduate career.

Now, if I can just get through this semester of taking 18 credits AND working. (Insert crying-eyes-out-emoji-here.) So far, in the 54 days that have passed in this semester I have taken 7 TESTS. I love school, but tests are not ma fave. Today is, wait for it, MY LAST TEST UNTIL DECEMBER 10TH.

That is freedom, my friends, freedom.

And then I shall have the worst finals week in the history of finals weeks, but I will be done with tests by my birthday and then everything will be *hopefully* smooth sailing from there! I'M SO EXCITED TO GRADUATE I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS IT IN WORDS YOU GUYS. THERE ARE NO WORDS.

Anyways, that is all! 

XOXO
- - - - -
E



14 comments on "i got a job!!!!!"
  1. yay! so awesome, congrats! sounds like things are going well. :)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS GIRL. THIS IS SO EXCITING. (All caps was necessary.) muah! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooo! Congratulations petal! That is awesome! Super happy for you :D Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It sounds like all of your hard work is paying off. I've always wondered what it would be like to work at a job that I'm actually interested in/care about. lol! It sounds like it'll be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SERIOUSLY. haha yes, the day is great. you will get there! and you will loooooooove it so much.

      Delete
  5. emily this is SO exciting - i am so happy for you! i cannot wait to be in that stage of life. ps the editing on those pictures is like, cozy and romantic. if that makes sense. so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the nicest! also, i'm glad you liked the editing on these. i like it too haha. cozy and romantic makes 100% sense. you should look up bryant photography! his photography is warm and cozy like that too and i'm OBSESSED.

      Delete
  6. Aw yay, great job! Ps that header image is really cute.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and ugh, i'm sure you could do a much cuter image header! your custom watercolor portraits are super cute! (at least the ones i think you used to have LOL)

      Delete
  7. haha. i just didn't think about it when we were hanging out! i will text you. also, i'm 100% so please you read that in the tone i actually say it in. #truefriendstatus

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you!! super excited to see pictures of your cute babe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new job!!!! What a fun, new adventure! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats!!! so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations. that is a BIG DEAL. i'm sending you allll the good vibes for the remaining tests and ish you have to do to finish up the semester. YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO FOREVER DONE-NESS!

    ReplyDelete