Top Social

some life snippets

Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Are you tired of these half-real-photos-half-iPhone-photos posts yet? HA. I am, but it's just so hard to lug a huge camera around in addition to my school backpack. After this semester I'm going to challenge myself to PHOTOGRAPH and not IPHONE…GRAPH. Who knows, who knows. Start with the bad quality, end with the good, right?


Sometimes in the mornings when I'm getting ready, I look out the window and see a little shivering Trixie just sitting and watching me. It's equal parts sad and adorable. / Put apples on my toast and unintentionally made a Mr. Mustache. Aka, made myself soooo happy. / First day of work selfie. If you don't take a picture of your first day of work, does it even happen? Haha jk, I actually wanted to take a picture of my outfit, because I am finally at a job where I can wear 100% whatever I want and I am so excited. / Jake came home in an elf hat bearing gifts of mini Sprite can AND mini vanilla wafers. Reasons why I love my husband.


I talk about Jake's braids every day of my life it seems like, BUT LOOK AT THAT BRAID. You guys, he's so good! He braids my hair every night and I'm not even kidding, they're super intact when I wake up. I am a tossy-turning sleeper too. That boy, I'm tellin' ya. / Gotta appreciate snow covered mountains. Pretty sure it's one of the better things in life. / You also must appreciate the view of a sunset over Salt Lake Valley while you're driving over the point of the mountain. / You also must appreciate the beautiful-ness (??) that is Mormon temples. So many beautiful things, so little time!


Oh, you didn't request to see my most awkward photo?? Sorry about that. LOL. No, but this hair twist is like, ma new fave. It takes a second, but it has such a unique look. I'm obsessed. Here's the tutorial.


THE FIRST SNOWFALL. Or, as Jake would say, "it's snowing tiny babies". I skipped school this day and let me tell ya. Drinking my delicious hot chocolate, sitting in the front room studying and listening to Christmas jazz, there was no better time to look out the window and see SNOW. I love snow. So much. Also, winter in general. Every time I'm walking to school I just obsess over how much I love breathing in cold winter air. It's like a refreshing drink for your lungs.


Matte nail polish is the new best thing. I'm obsessed and am super glad to be done with busy school things so I can get back into the weekly nail obsession. I've had it lying around the house for a month or two now, and honestly forgot it existed. However, I don't think I can ever forget it exists again, considering how amazing it is. You must try it immediately!


After finishing my last test on Saturday, I booked it to the fabric store and made our stockings! Christmas is coming, you guys. IT IS COMING.

I know all caps bugs so many people, but for me it expresses excitement/passion, so I shall continue to use it.

That is life lately, my friends.

XOXO
- - - - -
E
11 comments on "some life snippets"
  1. I seriously can't get over how amazing that braid is! Your husband is talented! I would like to see my hubbys attempt at a braid hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! yes i'm obsessed with them as well. it's definitely taken a little while, but he still caught on better than even i did! it took me like years, and it took like two weeks!

      Delete
  2. You husband braids your hair? How completely sweet and awesome. Did you know he could braid when you married him? haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i didn't! it wasn't until… like a year and a half ago i think. i'm pretty sure i asked him to braid to be dumb, but then he decided he wanted to be good at it and now he's pro!

      Delete
  3. that braid is actually incredible. what a man. aaaand that hair wrap - i can't wait to try! thanks for sharing!

    also, i love when you use all caps! i read it in a realllllly excited yelling voice. that's what i'm supposed to do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did. You're so cute! And I can't believe Jake does your braids...I'm not even sure I can braid that well haha!


    Jenn
    With Luck Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your long hair inspires me to grow out my own. So we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So basically, Jake needs to share his hair-braiding secrets with my husband. Because that is awesome.
    And YAY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! <--- all-caps is the only way to convey the excitement. Really though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha he can host a husband-hair-braiding-night :) and i'm glad you understand the all caps excitement rule!!

      Delete
  7. ah i wish i could pull of short hair soooo badly! so jealous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! they're super easy! just pull it out!

    ReplyDelete