Top Social

Dog Park and Chill? Also a PSA to all dog owners.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017
HAVE I TOLD YOU GUYS HOW GREAT IT IS TO LIVE CLOSE TO FAIRFIELD YET? CUZ IT IS GREAT. It's has like, 100% more food places than where we were at. A lot of these food places are the no-waiter-but-not-fast-food types that we are fans of (cuz #collegestudentsforever). We tried Pronto and it was v good.


We just split a small margherita pizza and it was so. good. Are you picky about marinara sauce? I am. Like, very. I remember when I was a wee child my mom would make calzones and when she rolled them together the sauce would spill out and it looked like a little surgery cause the sauce was red and the dough was tan haha. Anyway, the marinara on this pizza was very, very good. Also it was thin crust, which is something I appreciate. 

We will return pronto.... get it? (This is a pun.)



After dinner we got the baby (moms everywhere are hating me in this moment) and took him to the dog!!!! park!!!! Our old apartment had a dog park 5 minutes away. When we moved I kept trying to find one and couldn't find one that was closer than 25 minutes. J found one using his Android because it is obviously the superior phone. It's 15 minutes from us! 

Wait. As I am writing this I realize these pictures are not from that dog park? But I have a really great dog park story I want to tell? Ok I'll just tell it at the bottom.

SO THESE PHOTOS are actually from a different dog park that isn't fenced. I'm like ????? let's not? Like why would I take my dog somewhere that is not fenced so he can run away and get killed? Hard pass. But then he gets really crazy so we don't have a choice. We tested his off leash-ness and he did pretty good!


He played for like 10 minutes and then was done. So it was pretty decent. There weren't any other dogs there for him to play with though. So it was kind of sad. 


Us in real life.


Us on Instagram. (Notice J is very much the same in both photos.)


MA BOY T!!!


Oh what's that? Are we in 2004 when it was really emo and cool to take side mirror photos of sunsets? No, I'm just a 23 year old stuck in a teen angst phase. It's fine, don't worry about me. 


Ok so here is the other dog park story. Wait, I think I have a photo of it on my phone... ok yeah, here you go.


So we go to this dog park that is 15 minutes from our house and there are 3 dogs there. They are all playing nice (Tucker loves other dogs and is really nice) and then this big wolf mean dog growls at him! And the owner was like, "Was that Cujo?!" (Dog wasn't named Cujo, it is just fitting.) I'm like ???? Does it look like my dog is mean? He is like, licking everything in sight. 

Whatever. Then 5 minutes later (I am having panic attacks this whole time, because remember when my brother's lab bit my dog in the neck and there was literally blood everywhere and I had to apply pressure while we rushed her to the pup hospital and then I had to clean up my bloody hands in a public bathroom like the freakin' mob??? YA ME TOO.) 

Where was I? Ok yeah. So then 5 minutes later Tucker is just like, romping around by himself in a corner (same tho) because he's a little rattled from earlier and this mean wolf dog comes over and starts sniffing him and then JUMPS ON TOP OF HIM AND PINS HIM TO THE GROUND!!!!! Tucker is submissive apparently, because he just laid there until it was over. It was sad.

The dog's owner is just like, over in la la land being the worst dog owner in history (Ok fine he was a nice guy and waved to us when we saw him later. Maybe oblivious is a better label). After Cujo let Tucker go he came over to us all scared. :( It was so sad. Then the mean dog had the audacity to come over AGAIN! Tucker hid underneath the bench and that's when we decided to leave.

The moral of the story is: DON'T TAKE YOUR FLIPPIN' DOG TO THE DOG PARK IF IT IS AGGRESSIVE AND MEAN TO OTHER DOGS. SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A BACKYARD OR AN OFF LEASH TRAINED DOG AND RELY ON DOG PARKS TO RELEASE THEIR DOG'S ENERGY. Ugh.

Is this how mom's feel when other kids are mean to their kids? J is all like, "He has to learn how to be in the world!" And I'm like, "He was in a shelter for months!!! He has been in the world!!!" 

Gotta love it. This is a long post? It's been awhile since I posted posted, ya know? Can you tell I don't have friends in Connecticut? Lulz.

XOXO
- - - - - 
E


Post Comment
Post a Comment