Top Social

the fourth of july ya know

Friday, July 11, 2014
Our fourth was pretty chill. My sister and her family came over and spent the day with us. Her kids were FREAKING out at the fireworks we lit in the backyard. It was literally the funniest thing. My niece insisted on staying inside, and my nephew was fine for like, the first couple. And then he randomly started crying. HAHAH. Not the reactions we were expecting, but what can ya do.


FIRST QUARTER MOON. I know it sounds dumb, but ever since taking Astronomy and the beginning of our X-Files obsession, the moon is such a cool thing to me. I could go off for a bit, but I shall spare you.


The sunset view on our way to see fireworks! Jake and I were initially going to go up to Squaw Peak and watch fireworks from there, but then we decided to watch The Fourth Kind (AMAZING, BTW) and take a nap. After that it was a little too late to make it there in time to get a good spot, so we went to Thanksgiving Point with my family instead. 





HAHAHA. So, I'll probably regret posting this later when I see it on a "10 Fails" buzzfeed or something, but my niece made like this really long glow stick and right when my mom was taking this picture of us, my brother-in-law whipped it at us. Our faces are so the definition of "dweeb" I can't even handle. 



Firework photography is something I have yet to master. I hadn't seen any until like a few days after the fourth, so I will have to do better on the 24th!






My brother-in-law wanted to leave early and beat all the traffic, so we just drove out to the road and watched the rest from the car. My sister took this picture of us and I'm obsessed with it. I feel like it's the "quintessences of summer". Haha. Props to the sis, props to the sis.



This year was a good one! It had been a while since I had seen a good firework show, since last year we were in Cancun, and the year before I honestly can't remember what was happening, and the year before that we missed it accidentally! I always say the only two good things about summer are snow cones and fireworks, so yay for seeing a good show at last!

XOXO
- - - - -
E
3 comments on "the fourth of july ya know"
  1. Seriously that last picture is awesome! And I love your dweeb faces haha. Classic. Looks like you had a fun 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your fourth sounds great & your firework photos are faaaaar better than mine. i definitely want to master that one.. haha i've been wanting to start watching x-files ever since i went to the alien convention over the fourth! it sounds right up my alley!

    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, i love fireworks! and that last pictures is really, really great :)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete