Top Social

the 24th of july

Saturday, July 26, 2014
First of all, am I the only one who thinks this holiday is a little strange? Mainly because it only exists in Utah as far as I know, haha, which is just a weird thought. But, it was a good excuse to make this cake I found on Willivia's blog! Without it I would have had to wait a whole year to make it!




The drive up there was absolutely incredible! The canyon was soooo beautiful. The sunset also was like, the most incredible. These pictures aren't even edited.








I'm quite happy I got to take some supa-tumbla-fresh pictures of Jake being a hot model.












It wasn't as crowded as we thought, so yay for that. 


Also, can I take a moment and be super corny and just shout out to how amazing being married is? Like it seriously is so fun to have someone who is just on your same page with life, ya know? Also, can we just take a small moment and recognize how amazing my husband is? I mean, he seriously is the best with listening to me rant about things, dealing with all my temotional moments (tired-emotional), and just being the nicest person. We have such different view points on so many things, but it's amazing because it doesn't even matter, because he's just so chill he doesn't need to make me into someone I'm not. I don't know if that makes sense, but I guess all I'm trying to say is that Jake is the most amazing male human I have met ever and I'm obsessed with him.


If you're wondering why we love our Picnic Spots... look at this view!






Can you see the baby fireworks? Haha it was so much fun watching them go off all over the valley. You could hear them too, which I was surprised by! 




All in all, it was a good holiday! It was good to get off on our own and spend some quality Luh Time. I wouldn't mind if we made this Squaw Peak peak this a yearly tradition!

XOXO
- - - - -
E
13 comments on "the 24th of july "
  1. I love the tumblr-esque pictures!! Slap an inspirational quote on there or something and bam! I love that spot, the pictures you took of it are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful view! so romantic i mean, ugh patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is amazing! Any excuse to have a public holiday is always good, right? I live in the UK and Im always a little jealous that you guys in the US celebrate the 24th July! I love your photos too! Looks like you guys had fun =]

    http://www.journeysthroughmeadows.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pioneer Day is awesome and random, and a great excuse to shoot off fireworks! And I totally agree with you. Being married is the BEST! It's seriously so fun. I can't put it in words. Looks like you found the perfect place to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. married life sounds pretty sweet :) such pretty pictures, and I love the headband you're wearing!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, it's weird. It's cool that everyone kinda gets a day off, though. In New Mexico, we never had school on Good Friday, so same thing. Weird if you don't follow the religion associated. I guess that's how Atheists and non-Christians view Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous view! and yep, haha i'm pretty sure it only exists as a holiday in utah, but I sure wish it was everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an awesome view! sounds like you guys had so much fun, i'm bummed we weren't in town for it this year!!
    -k
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! That view is amazing!! Thomas and I love to go on picnics, and I wish we had a spot with a view like this. Maybe we'll have to get more adventurous with our exploring! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love living in Minnesota but I really wish we had mountains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous night photos! I agree, being married is one of my favorite things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this quote that i found the other day reminded me of what you said about marriage-- "love is the willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you." i love that we can help each other be better without insisting that we be anything but ourselves. being married is the bomb, i couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I saw that cake on her blog and it looked amazing! Is it as good as it looks? Haha. You guys are cute. Can we be couple friends? Xo

    ReplyDelete