Top Social

1 2 - 2 8 - 2 0 1 3

Saturday, December 28, 2013
Our apartment is coming along! Now that school is out I have started all of my projects! The first of which was making our horribly ugly and gross drawers cuter! I used this tutorial and used tape instead of glue, since we are just renting. I used the same fabric stiffener she did, but mixed it with equal parts water. I cut my fabric first, and then stiffened it, but I would recommend stiffening it and then cutting it. I think it would be easier to get an exact fit that way, and you can put it in your drawer and crease it and then just cut along the crease! Anyways, here are the fabrics I chose.


And here's what our drawers looked like before! EEK! Grossest, am I right? 


Here's after! 



side note... does anyone know how to use those measuring cups? i really love them, but i never know if i'm supposed to measure to the first line or to the very top?

I totally just realized I didn't photograph the bathroom drawer that I started with... oops. I can assure you they are adorable though. Here's the rest of our apartment! It was driving me crazy to not have anything on top of the cabinets, but I didn't feel like leaves were really our style. I decided to move all of our books from our bookcase and put them on top of the cabinets. I also decided to put some prints up in the kitchen. It definitely feels more home-y than it did before! Now we just need more books for the other side!



Most delicious waffles from our Saturday lounging. If you haven't tried them yet, here's the recipe! We use my mom's syrup recipe, and oh my gosh the two combined are literally the best ever. 


And a beautiful snowy day to top it all off!


XOXO
- - - - -
E

2 comments on "1 2 - 2 8 - 2 0 1 3"
  1. Such a good idea for the drawers!
    Not only does it make it look nicer, but so much cleaner as well. Very cool.

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I wish! It's tithing... so no one gets it. Haha. Worst.

    ReplyDelete