Top Social

photo an hour: 1

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Ok, so I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed with The Dainty Squid blog. I thought this photo an hour idea was really great. I'm trying to get back into photography, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to start being creative again! Unfortunately it's from a boring day I had at school last week!


8 a.m. - Walking to school bright and early! The snow was so beautiful! I love getting all bundled up and trekking out in fresh powder. Just, the sound of the world and the way the snow looks as it's falling down. I LOVE WINTER.



9 a.m. - My stats class got out early, so I headed upstairs to get some reading done for Judaism. Unfortunately, the only open spot I could find was right by a group of rowdy biology students! I ended up dropping my pen on the ground, like thirty minutes before my class started, and it landed right by some kid's butt! Haha! He literally didn't even notice, so there went my pen! Haha!!




10 a.m. - Ok, sorry to be "that person", but I really loved these paragraphs in my book! It's called Islam (I think) and it's by Colin Turner. It's a really interesting read. But, I liked what it said in the first one, about worshipping for the sake of worshipping, not for the reward or punishment. I also liked the second one and what it says about dying. I honestly don't know why everyone is so scared to die! Have we looked at the world lately? I mean, it's beautiful sometimes, but it's also really horrific. I embrace death with open arms. I always say that I want people to wear white to my funeral instead of black. Why mourn the loss of someone, when you know they are going to such a better place? 
Sorry to get religious, but it has to happen at least once, right? (This book is a great read, even if you aren't religious. The muslim religion is really interesting. And for all you LDS people, it is SO SO SO similar to ours. It's amazing how similar.)

11 a.m. - I had Writing Within Psychology, and I didn't feel like whipping my camera and snapping a photo of my feet :)



12 p.m. - Walking home from school. I love the view from the top of the south campus steps. It was looking extra pretty with all of the snow falling!



1 p.m. - Jake gets home from work! I told him to pose for the photo in a way that would "capture the essence of Jacob". This is what he did. Ha ha ha. I feel it's pretty accurate. If only there could somehow be a voiceover of him saying, "bebe". Then, it would be completely accurate!


2 p.m. - Driving Jake to school in the snow! It was really scary. I've successfully avoided driving in stormy weather since I was 16! I guess it's time to learn how to drive in the snow. Jake gave me lessons on the way to campus. 



3 p.m. - Admiring my nails! I am surprised at how long they last!



4 p.m. - Repainting my toenails! I wish my fingernail polish stayed as long as my toenail polish! I just found the most amazing top coat though. It's called Seche Vite and it's AMAZING. It dries soooo fast. I would recommend it if you're sick of your nail polish chipping all the time and having to wait so long for it to dry!

(I apparently totally missed 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. LOL. Gotta work on that time tracking!)


7 p.m. - Eating homemade apple-cranberry jam on toast. So delicious! Just cranberries, apple, and sugar in a blender. Whalah!


8 p.m. - The car got stuck in the snow! I was going to pick Jake up from school and then we were going to go grocery shopping, but... I ended up waiting in the car while he walked home. Good thing we are only 15 minutes from campus! 


9 p.m. - Jake and I went to Carl's Junior because we got a coupon in the mail for two famous star burgers for only $3! So, we obviously took advantage of that for dinner! I gave Jake my patty and he gave me his tomato. The olive theory! (For all you How I Met Your Mother Fans...). Anyways, it was supppppper delicious! I love their fry sauce! Plus, look how cute Jake's face is. Awe. Cutest husband award forever.


10 p.m. - Getting gas and heading home to hit up some X-files, which I definitely fell asleep during, so there is no 11 p.m. picture. There was still tons of snow! It seriously has snowed a foot the past however-many days! I loveeeeeee it. I also love how this picture turned out, with the bokeh.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my boring day to day life! It was quite fun thinking of what photo I would take for the hour and forcing myself to be creative, instead of zombie.

Let me know if you try it! I'd love to read the posts and get some inspiration!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Post Comment
Post a Comment