Top Social

1 2 - 2 4 - 2 0 1 3

Tuesday, December 24, 2013
INTRODUCING BLUE HAIR.

I seriously have wanted to blue ombre my hair for years. Like, literally YEARS. I couldn't for the longest time, because my hair wasn't the right length (for the look I wanted), and then I probably could have last year, but I was all worried about the "honor code", so I didn't. 

This year I've seen tons of people with streaked hair, so I decided to just go for it. These photos were taken the night before my last final! I was so nervous they weren't going to let me take it because I had an "extreme hairstyle", but I just wore a hood and nobody even looked twice at me.

We'll have to see what happens when winter semester starts, because I might have to get rid of it if my professors have issues with it. Although, I highly doubt they will!




Then, the next day was my birthday! I was really bored, so I decided to add some more blue to it. I really like the green-blue, but I wanted to see what would happen if I added some more atomic turquoise. Here are the before pictures. I guess I finally get to hashtag #nomakeup or #leftovermascara? LOL.

also take special note of that amazing painting in the background! my sister got it for me for my birthday, thanks ash! it's by an artist named nicole morris. she got it at the craft lake city event, but you can view nicole's etsy store and get in contact with her here




And here's how it turned out after.

please excuse the weirdest shading on my lip. i promise i have a bottom lip and not just half of one!

This picture was snapped before Jake and I headed out to celebrate my birthday! The contrast is a little strong, but it's more blue than it was before. I am going to keep it this mix of green and blue until school starts. If no one says anything, then I am going to touch it up with some more electric blues and maybe some purples. We'll have to see. But, I'm loving this experimenting!

Also, that necklace is what Jake got me for my birthday! I've always wanted a pearl necklace and I've worn it every day since! He's the best at picking out gifts that I love. I'm so excited for tomorrow morning! We're going to use Christmas day to establish new traditions and spend quality time with each other :) I'm so excited! Holidays definitely get a little crazy with so much family living near, but I am so excited for all of our Christmas activities today! Let the feasting and games begin!

SPECIAL THANKS TO JESSICA DRAPER! She is the lovely human who did my hair! I'm glad I got to meet her and get to know her better, because it turns out we have lots in common and she's the nicest!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Make it a memorable one and remember the true meaning of this holiday season!

XOXO
- - - - -
E
6 comments on "1 2 - 2 4 - 2 0 1 3 "
  1. So cool. I'd like to see it curled. Stick it to the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! you look adorable. glad you went for it -- it's better than always wondering what it would have looked like!

    xo,
    gabby

    ReplyDelete