Top Social

The Best Vegetarian Burger

Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Ok, so this is something new I am going to try doing. When I announced on my Facebook that I was going back to being vegetarian after a week of eating meat, I had a few people suggest I share my favorite vegetarian recipes. So here I am!

Let me preface this by saying: I don't like beans, so you won't see a whole ton of that over here. I am a big fan of "fake meat" because I still get cravings for meat and fake meat is just as good to me!

So, today I am talking about my hands down FAVORITE beef-tasting veggie burger I have ever found. It literally looks and smells like meat while you are cooking it. (Also it is vegan!) It was really filling, too! We got ours at Whole Foods, which we don't go to often. I want to go and get like 3 boxes and freeze them. (Find where they sell Beyond Meat near you using the store locator tool.)



It's about $6 for two patties, which at first I was like "STEEP!" But then when you think about the other ingredients in a hamburger it averages to about $3.50 a meal, which for me is not bad at all.


Ok so one of the main reasons I am veg is because I honestly feel like it is a healthier lifestyle. Vegetarians have a lower risk of obesity, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and they have a longer life expectancy! (Sources herehere and here.) There is this weird myth that vegetarians don't get enough protein in their diet, but just keep in mind that Americans eat WAY too much protein in their diet. (Source here.) So, it really isn't too hard to get all you need as a vegetarian.


I think the biggest reason people don't want to go vegetarian is because they love meat too much, but honestly there are so many fake meats out there, it really helps buffer the change! I initially was just trying it out for a month, but after realizing how easy it was for me to not eat meat, I just decided to stick with it. (The only thing that is hard sometimes is when you just want something quick and can't go through McDonald's and get a full meal, but hey! It's just preventing you from eating crappy fast food!)

Anyway, when I'm done with school and have more time I'll photograph all of these again in actual food photography form, but in the mean time say hello to my rug where I eat all my meals. (Idk why we just love eating on the floor lol.)

All these posts will be under the tag "vegetarian recipes"! Let me know if you try eating meatless for a day, week, or month! I honestly think if everyone had to kill their own meat there would be a lot more vegetarians in the world haha.

Lemme know if you have any questions. Nothing is offensive to me about this because I've heard it all after 7 years, I promise you.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Post Comment
Post a Comment