Top Social

Valentine's Day Adventure

Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Ugh I need to get back to using this blog as a journal. To be honest, life is pretty boring out here in Connecticut. We just got to work (J) and school (me) and then come home lol. But, there are little details I want to remember every once a while!

So yesterday was Valentine's Day and honestly I didn't make any plans. Sometimes I feel like there are so many holidays to make a big deal over, and while we are on a grad student budget I'm not crazy about spending a ton of money on every single holiday. So, I was just planning on like doing a normal day. But, then J said he had something planned.

So on Tuesdays we leave the house at 6:00am. I take the train into New York while J goes to work. He gets home a little bit earlier than me and then picks me up from the train station at 9:00pm. So I was like WTF are we doing at 9:00pm at night??

But he was so cute and was waiting for me at the train station. He got out of the car as soon as he saw me come down the stairs and gave me some roses. He had some Reese's minis in a heart waiting for me on the car seat (which is the true key to my heart) and a card! QT.


Then we went to Center Street Social in Shelton, Connecticut for dinner! There honestly aren't a lot of food places around us here hahaha.


 So this is one we had found a while ago that we wanted to try, but thought it was expensive?? Ok well pro tip if you are ever in Shelton, Connecticut (which will most likely never happen unless you are doing a Gilmore Girl's tour or something lol) GO ON TUESDAYS. They have taco Tuesday with $2 tacos and nachos.



This was the main thing I wanted - the Bavarian pretzel. It came with honey mustard and jalepeno cheese and I couldn't even finish half of it. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD. Also it was like 12 inches across, so yeah. Huge.


THESE NACHOS WERE $2 LIKE WUT.


These tacos were $2 a piece. Jake couldn't even eat 3. We are now wondering why we don't go there more, because even with paying a waiter our whole meal would still be under $20 if we did nachos and tacos lol. 



Then we went home and immediately went to bed! In other news, I have recently heard our neighbor coughing while we are laying in bed and I'm like "!?!?!?!?!?" Like J and I do a lot of pillow talk at night and I'm just wondering if this guy is over there listening to every. single. word. hahahaha. We haven't met him except for when our building fire alarm went off at 2:00 am on. Sunday morning and we all evacuated and he was leaving his apartment the same time we were. I hope to never meet him because I do not even want to KNOW what he has heard us talk about hahahaha.

I hope you all had a happy Valentine's Day! My mom did the cutest lil' tradition for us when we were kids where she had a Valentine's dinner and wrote us a riddle about where in the house our gift was hidden. The gifts were just little $20 things, but it was so cute and I can't wait to do that for my babies when I have them in 50 years lol.

Anyway, hap V day!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Post Comment
Post a Comment