Top Social

Fourth of July

Friday, July 8, 2016
Well, now that you've all heard about our horrible weekend (aside from Saturday) let's be positive for a second. Sunday night I told Jake, "We have to make tomorrow awesome." And honestly, I think we did a pretty good job!

First off, I got this shirt for $20!


We started off our day with Vanessa's Dumplings in Brooklyn. They have a location in Manhattan, but we wanted to check out Williamsburg. The thing the other bloggers don't tell you about living in New York is that after you are done paying rent you hardly have any money left for food, ha!!

This is a good cheap eats. They have chicken and chive dumplings 4 for $1.25, and veggie ones 4 for $2.50 or something. They also have a v good sesame pancake.











Suns out bums out lolz

Leah, this pic is for you! Is this your pup? Or a mix?

GUY LETS JUST TALK ABOUT THIS ICE CREAM. Like honestly, I have been pretty disappointed in some of the food the New York bloggers rave about (ahem Jacques Torres) but THIS ICE CREAM IS THE REAL DEAL. I am not even an ice cream person but like it's so hot here I have been craving it? It's a problem.

I got the ooey gooey butter cake. It's a CREAM CHEESE BASE! I obviously gained 10 pounds but it was worth it. I think they have different flavors depending on the day, so maybe call before making the trek and make sure they have the flavor you are looking for! Jake got the strawberry and I didn't taste any of it because I was inhaling mine. He liked it though. (What doesn't Jake like lol.)

Do you guys remember my goal of getting more pictures of myself and also teaching Jake photography? Well, he did the lighting for this all by himself and I am so proud. My biggest fear is that I will die when we have kids and Jake will be like lost because I've always done the photography, baking, etc. So I make it a point to teach him how to do the typical "house wifery" haha. Honestly like he can make some food better than me now! So I'm feeling pretty confident in my future death haha.

The Martin Creed piece at Brooklyn Bridge Park! It was super cool and rotated. It's on Pier 6, for anyone wanting to visit. Make sure it is still there when you visit though, because I think it's only there for a few more months.



The lady who took these had blurry results at first. The old Emily would have been like, "Those are good, thanks." I would have been to timid to tell her to take more. BUT I TOLD HER TO TAKE MORE. And I'm glad we did cause now we have a cutie pic. Also Jake is growing his hair out and it's usually tucked behind his ears, but it was windy AF so that's why he looks like 14 in this picture lol.

Oh hey look it's my worst enemy the subway. It's so weird but like my favorite train is when it is really full but I have a seat. Like I hate when it is semi-empty and there is a crazy person onboard. I am always scared they are going to attack me lol.

For dinner we got Prince Street Pizza. It was dead everywhere else in the city, but for some reason that place was BUMPIN'. I felt so bad for the kid working there, because this customer was being a total douche and yelling at him. They were completely out of pizza haha. I asked the employee if he had any cheese pizza coming out soon and he was like, "I don't know I don't know" and did a litttle frowny face haha. It was so sad. So we just got two pieces of pepperoni and I took off the peps. We really liked it while we were eating it. It was Jake's favorite pizza we've had in the city! Mine is still Juliana's (thanks K). 

Anyway, so we get home and I start feeling sick. It turns out I got sick from the pizza! I am no longer saying "food poisoning" because I think the problem is me and not the food. I am planning a fitness-ish post and will talk more about it then haha.

We were going to watch fireworks, but then it started raining while we were getting treats. Like don't get me wrong, I love fireworks, but also I didn't want to get stuck in a crowd for 2 hours or anything. So we ended up just coming home and watching a scary movie. We decided that will be our Fourth of July tradition. We watched As Above So Below and it was actually better than we thought it would be!

Anyway, this turned out to be kind of a long post... probably because I have had minimal conversations with real people today haha. So I'm all chatty.

XOXO
- - - - -
E


Post Comment
Post a Comment