Top Social

new york: day six

Tuesday, May 27, 2014
This day is only important to note for three reasons.
#1: It was the day we went to Lauderee and I tasted the most amazing macarons I've ever tasted and I feel like that's an accurate statement, because for our wedding we tasted every macaron in Utah county until we found the best. These were better than the best. 



Like, I'm almost embarrassed that I'm this obsessed with a food item, but then I remember that I actually don't care. So, we got (from left to right) rose petal, cherry blossom, lemon, chocolate coconut, and chocolate citrus. THEY WERE SO GOOD. I didn't want to eat them right away, so I carried them all the way home, like a small child. Then I shared them with my mother because #bestdaughter. Then I cried when they were gone, and then I found a recipe online, and now I'm just waiting until I have two weeks of nothing so I can perfect the macaron.

This day was also important because #2: It was the last time we will eat Shake Shack (for a while...) and that's notable because I've never had better fries, shakes, or portobello mushroom burgers. 

Although, when I was ordering I asked for "A hamburger with everything on it, except for the meat pattie" (they were out of mushrooms) and the girl was having like, the hardest time understanding. I even told her I didn't eat meat, so I wanted everything that would come with a hamburger, just not the meat. Anyways, I ended up with like hamburger toppings on grilled cheese bread? It was strange, but good nonetheless. WE WILL MISS YOU, SHAKE SHACK. NOTHING WILL EVER REPLACE YOUR PLACE IN OUR HEARTS.

Also, #3: I bought my very first Mac product and I can't believe I haven't done it sooner. I got a lipstick and it stays on so much longer than my others. It goes on better and has a better color too. Plus, it wasn't as expensive as I've thought Mac products were all this time. So, win, win.

In closing, New York was so amazing and I'm so grateful to my wonderful inlaws for taking us with them. It was such a great experience and I only hope we will be able to move there for college, or what-be-it. Shout out to anyone who gets to go there often, or who lives there: I am jealous of you and please let me live vicariously through you. There is so much to do and so much to see, I just can't even handle it. We would move there in a second, and hopefully we'll get the chance someday when we're done with undergrad!

I'm glad we're home, though. It's nice to be back in our bed with our nightly routine of The X-Files and cuddling. I would love to live in New York someday, but for now, Utah isn't so bad :).

XOXO
- - - - -
E


Post Comment
Post a Comment