Top Social

diy travel journal

Saturday, May 17, 2014
So, basically my daily routine consists of waking up, making some sort of delicious drink (this one was white hot chocolate with raspberry and a hint of vanilla almond milk, yum!), and then sitting down and doing online school for the rest of the day. When I finish school, I clean, make dinner, and then read. It's really not that bad, but sometimes it's nice to take a break from all the stuff you "have" to do (i.e. 6 hours of online school, it's self-inflicted, I know) and just do something you "want" to do, ya know?


So! I decided to put all of my "trips" notes from my phone into an actual book! I had this journal laying around from one of my bridal showers, so I decided to spice it up a bit. I was planning on doing the whole thing with a packaging tape transfer, but it turns out the only magazines in the house were Martha Stuart halloween issues? Haha, so I ended up tape transfer small parts from the magazine and also from my Rothko calendar.

(Side note: Packaging tape transfers are amazing. Get a piece of packaging tape, slap it on a magazine page, rip the paper around it and pull it out, stick the tape in water, let it soak for 10 minutes, take the paper off, and bam! All of the ink transfers to the tape. So amazing.)

I Modge Podged everything else on there, and then finished the ends with tape.


I wasn't expecting to be as obsessed with it as I am. I think it turned out soooo good! Usually my "projects" end up half finished or horrible, so this was a first for me! On the inside, I wrote every state on it's own page, and then just listed the things I had in my phone. At the end of the states, I started in with countries. I know it's not always going to be in alphabetical order (which is a strange compulsion /hobby of mine. Hit me up if you have a bookcase that needs some help...), but it's so cute I think I can live with that!


I didn't quite know what to do on the back. I decided to do pictures with my very favorite girls from my trip to India, Tamanna and Niharika. They are so cute, it kills me.

The picture of the mountains is seriously the most amazing thing ever. Like, we literally hiked for six hours to the top of one of the foothills of the Himalayas. It was the hardest physical thing I've ever done in my life. Like, to paint you a picture, I was literally bawling my eyes off and I actually had like a small breakdown towards the beginning and couldn't breathe... The nurse had to sit me down and tell me to breathe. SO EMBARRASSING. But, by the time we had been hiking for a little while longer, like five other girls had started crying, so I felt a little bit better. The view at the top was seriously sooo amazing though. I'm a little bummed the printer doesn't show it's quality!
 



Did I mention I live in my pajamas? Because I do. Also, beanies. Always, always beanies. 


And lastly, here's a cute cookie. I honestly don't know why I haven't thought of this, because it's the cutest thing in the world. You best best the next time I make gingerbread cookies they are going to have a variety of faces on them. I love it.


On a more serious note, music recommendations? Like, seriously I need some! The Spotify update deleted my library... so now I only have my playlists? I'm not sure I understand their logic, but it has forced me to explore some new stuff! I've already fallen in love with Glass Animals.

But, anyways, seriously leave some of your favorite music in the comments. I have a six hour plane ride home, so I'll definitely check it out :).

XOXO
- - - - -
E

P.S. Here's the real picture of the foothills. I didn't edit these at all. Gorgeous, huh?! Totally worth teh pain and suffering of hiking that permanently 45 degree angle mountain, haha. GO TO INDIA. Preferably, Chamba.



2 comments on "diy travel journal"
  1. That journal is fantastic. Also, Gregory Alan Isakov's music is on point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm those pictures? take me to india now! also, i've been listening to bastille lately. i thought they were a one-hit wonder, and turns out they have a lot of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete