Top Social

new york: day one

Thursday, May 22, 2014
(Sorry for the iPhone quality photos below...) 


We started out with some solid cocoa from Seattle's Best Coffee. I mean, look at that whipped cream mountain!! DELICIOUS. Also, Jake fell asleep on the flight, so I took this picture with him to be dumb, but he started waking up at the exact moment I took the photo. Ha! His creepy little half open eyes... I die, I die.


Cute Jake and his lovely sister! Thanks to her for graduating and giving us a reason to venture out to New York :).


Semi obsessed with mountains at all times. Especially from airplane windows. They just look so... majestic? 


Side note: Has anyone read The Stand? (If you have, I love you) In the book this guy has to walk through the lincoln tunnel that's filled with like decaying corpses in cars (a superflu virus wiped everybody out) and it's like his worst nightmare and he totally freaks out. The whole time I was reading that I was so confused. It's like, the longest part and it takes him so long to get the courage to walk through it. The whole time I was just like, "Um, grow a pair and walk through it already!" Then we drove through this tunnel from New Jersey to Manhattan and I was like slightly feeling weird just being in there with living humans. Those suckers are long!




The view from our hotel! I looked out the window at like, 2 a.m. and Forever 21 was still open. The plus sides of Times Square, I guess!


We didn't get to our hotel until pretty late at night, so there wasn't a whole lot of time to do stuff. We grabbed a pizza at Ray's (margarita mmmmmhmmmm) and then went to Godzilla!


I feel like this post isn't complete without the stories of horror that happened the first day. Our cab broke down on our way to our hotel, so we had to drag our luggage the rest of the way. Luckily, it was only a block or two, but unluckily it was starting to rain. The rain turned into like a complete downpour while we were walking from Ray's to the movie theatre, and let's just say I wasn't too happy of a camper. My jeans and shirt got completely soaked and the movie theatre was pretty cold like they always are! 

I was definitely pretty grumpy. It turned out Godzilla was in 3D too, which I'm not too big of a fan of. So, needless to say my attitude was not the best haha. But, Godzilla was so good it totally turned me around! Before the show I was all sulky and cold, but afterwards I was ecstatic. It was seriously such a good movie! Go to it if you haven't already seen it. It will turn your mood around :).

XOXO
- - - - -
E

2 comments on "new york: day one"
  1. i seriously can't wait to see the rest of your NY pictures. enjoy the beautiful city, and eat a levain cookie for me! (or 2..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo jealous!! i love nyc so much. i want to go back (cry sniff cry) and i remember being so forlorn when it rained an entire day while we were there, but i planned to be wearing rainboots so it wasn't so bad! i hope you have the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete