Top Social

new york: day five

Monday, May 26, 2014
Best baked goods ever! Weirdly enough, their drinks weren't very good, like at all. But, the cookie was the best chocolate chip cookie we've ever eaten. Also, a pretzel croissant. Like, who even knew those were a thing? But, they are, and they are delicious.




The picture I took of Jake taking a picture. I thought the Ducati dealership was going to be kind of dumb, but there were actually some pretty cool bikes there. 

(Jake practicing his camera skills, haha) So, we ate at this place called Pret-A-Manger, and it was so good! The strawberry lemonade was the best I've ever tasted, and my tomato, basil, and brie sandwich sparked an obsession. Every day since we've been back I've been eating tomato and basil on french bread for dinner. Haha.


We stopped by the 9/11 memorial. I thought it was pretty cool how instead of building another building there, or just leaving like a cement slab, they built a continuous waterfall. Well done, New York. Well done.

Ok, I feel it's important to note my obsession with street art. I didn't see as much as I thought I would have, but I really liked this piece on Canal street. Side note: We went to the Dreamathon in Salt Lake and it was AMAZING. I will have to post pictures of that, because ever since we went I've been mega obsessed with street art. Like, mega.

One of my favorite things about New York was getting to wear my fancy dresses. I feel like in Utah, even when I would wear a dress to school people would ask me why I was all dressed up until they realized that's just what I wear most days haha. So, it was pretty awesome being able to whip out my Betsey Johnson and bright yellow bow dress with no questions asked, haha.


MOCHI. I love mochi. These are like those little squares that you see at frozen yogurt places. You know, the ones that are made out of soy or something? Well, yeah at Japanese restaurants they fill them with ice cream and give them different flavors. They are SO GOOD.

Lion King! Whoever did those costumes deserves an award. They were phenomenal.

After the play, we decided to venture out to the Empire State building since maybe the lines wouldn't be as long. We got there at like 10-ish and only waited in line for about an hour, so it wasn't bad at all. Although, we should have bought our tickets online and shaved off like thirty minutes, but oh well. 

Also, I feel it's important to note that along with street art and mochi, I love city views. They are like a magnet to me. In every place I've lived (so two, haha) I've managed to find some awesome lookout points. We usually just call them "picnic spot". So, going to the top of the Empire State building was AMAZING. I don't even want to say how many pictures I took at the top (20, what?). It was hard to narrow down, but here you go.


(Strangely enough, even at 11pm it was crazy crowded up there. I wonder if going in the early morning would have less people?)



Hahahahaha. So, asking strangers to take our picture... not my favorite thing. There are just so many factors you know? Cause like, shooting on auto results in very strange looking pictures, especially at night. So, I got it all set up so you could see bookeh city lights in the background, but then the person who took it left like a foot above our heads and cut off all the city lights below our torsos! Ha! Oh well. You can still partially see some lights, so I'm satisfied.

I feel like this day wouldn't have been complete without the fact that the Starbuck's in Times Square is open 24 hours. That fact both pleases me and disgusts me, because being someone who works at Starbuck's I can't imagine working a night shift. (Although, my old store decided to be open all night on Thanksgiving night, so I had to work that and yes, it was terrible. Although, it was not as busy as they thought it would be.) So, I was starving my face off after eating tons of edamame and mochi (which apparently don't hold you over, haha) so we kept looking for places to eat at 1 a.m. that weren't super heavy. Lo and behold, Starbuck's was glistening in the dark like the small angel it is. I don't think a peppermint hot chocolate and raspberry swirl cake has ever tasted so good, haha.

XOXO
- - - - - 
E

P.S. There is an awesome giveaway with amazing jewelry going on (here).
4 comments on "new york: day five"
  1. Looks like you had some amazing food! I want to try those mochi things. I always get those in my frozen yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mochi! And I love that yellow dress on you. Looks like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you saw Phantom and The Lion King! One day I'll make it back to NY. One day....
    The photo of you two at the Empire State building is good. Frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is a jam packed trip. I adore your vibrant yellow dress! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete