Top Social

Portland, Maine Travel Guide

Sunday, April 2, 2017
You guyssssssss!! Maine was a-maz-ing. If you know me you know I am obsessed with Stephen King and Maine was like, actually so creepy because it's the actual setting for almost all his books!

We loved, lovedddddd Portland. It was amazing!


From Rhode Island to Maine it was maybe an hour or two drive? I honestly can't remember. But this oversized sweater is my new flave. 


Lol this sign for St. Patrick's day.


We drove around New Hampshire for a minute, because J spent the first 5 years of his life there. To be honest, we weren't too impressed. This was the Main Street in Portsmouth. Cute, but not very parking friendly lol.


We stopped at the Dinnerhorn and got clam chowder, because that's where his parents used to go when they lived there. I haven't ever had clam chowder before, and not gonna lie, it wasn't my favorite thing lol. It was fun to *ReMiNiSc* though. 


Um wow? I guess those were the only pictures I took that day? Ummmm ok!

The next morning we went to breakfast at a little cottage outside of Portland. It was so good!


This cinnamon roll is what dreams are made of, you guys.


My sandwich was good too! Anything with goat cheese, right?


The girl forgot to add my sandwich to our check so I had to go back up and order it again. She felt so bad haha. When she came back she brought us a whoopie cookie! It was legitimately like one pound, I swear to you. (Also I look like such a dweeb in this picture lol.) 



We went on a little lighthouse tour! There were supposed to be 6, but we could only find 3 lol. 


This one was so cute and baby! It was called Portland Breakwater Light.





Portland!



This was our second lighthouse: Spring Point Ledge Light. It looked like the walk out there was like 2 seconds, but it was actually way longer lol. It was scary too because there were gaps between the rocks. Ah!




So this one is the like, "famous" lighthouse in Maine everyone takes pictures of (Portland Head Light). It was p cool!



I kind of want to open an Etsy shop and sell landscape prints? Idk do you guys think anyone would buy the picture below??


When your self-timer takes 3 pictures in a row and you don't know what to do lol.





We had an early dinner at Duckfat! The line was long so we put our name in and walked around a neighboring health food store. There is maple candy and maple syrup there. And Beyond Meat, if you are veg.

The fries were SO. GOOD. We got the ones with truffle ketchup!


I wasn't the biggest fan of my panini? Idk one thing about switching back to meat is I sometimes feel like there is less flavor in meat dishes than in veggie dishes? Idk. J loved loved loved his though!


The next morning, we ate at the cutest coffee shop called Tandem Coffee Roasters. The hot chocolate wasn't the best, but it sure was pretty! The jalapeño scone was SO GOOD. And the oatmeal there looks really good too, I'd probably get that next time. It had a great atmosphere though and was decorated super cute.


We made one final stop at Two Lights State Park. This was my favorite place we went the whole time. It was so freaking pretty.




It was a v fun trip! I think we'll probably go back before we move. I want to do Acadia state park!

Places we wanted to go but didn't have time for: LB Kitchen, Bard Coffee, Ohno Cafe, East Ender, Aurora Provisions.

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Post Comment
Post a Comment