Top Social

New York I Love You, But You're Bringing Me Down

Saturday, April 22, 2017
Wow. Am I the worst blogger or what?? I literally have all these photos, but never post them. I need to just take like an hour on Sundays and plan out all my posts for the week. I always do this when I am in a busy stage of life, and then I try to look back on it and have 0 things to look back on. SO ONWARD!!

These pictures were taken the other week on my commute to New York. I honestly love the Metro North so, so much. It's so calming with the white noise and windows. New York was rainy too, and so beautiful. I will miss it when we move!


Isn't this street art neat? It's something to promote reading for kids, I think. Is there a walking tour of all the street art in New York City? Cause I could get on that real quick. 


That feeling when your class is canceled, but you still have class after that, so you have to kill 3 1/2 hours in New York City, but also it's raining so you can't sit outside. 


Pro-tip: At Grand Central there are so many yummy food places in the basement level! (Lower level, whatever it's called.) They have a magnolia bakery!! I got this bread pudding to eat on the way home, but there was a business man next to me and I was nervous lol. There are a lot of like, unspoken rules on the Metro North, and I have broken some of them at times and people are not happy. (Remember the guy who threw my jacket sleeve into my lap?? Or the guy who got up and waited by the door until I moved to a seat not directly next to him?? Yikes.) Anyway, so when I got home we ate it in bed while watching T.V. I always have high hopes for Fear The Walking Dead, but it's just not my favorite.... pretty much ever.


Ok also, I have to tell you guys what happened two weeks ago in New York because intuition 10/10.

So, this was our first week with our second car. J thought I was going to drive myself to the station, but I thought he was driving me. So I slept in later than I would have needed to, and after realizing our mistake, I was like, "Just let me stay home! I'll be late anyway!!" J was like, "Um. No." And listed very valid reasons why I should go. So I was like, "K fine." and off we went. I ended up getting there in time after all, and all was well. UNTIL!! My last class ends at 6:35 right?? Well, I miss the 6:53 train by MINUTES! And I end up having to take the 7:12, which gets in like 30-ish minutes later than the 6:53 (which is weird, but whatever). So, at the end of class we had time to meet with our groups, and I was like, "Oh, I'm going to leave 5 minutes early and be clever and make the 6:53 train."

So, I leave my five minutes early. However, my metro card is out of money, so I go to the little kiosk at the subway station and try to reload it. Doesn't reload. Try to reload it again. Doesn't reload. I realize I'm using my old zip code and feel like an idiot. Try to reload it with correct zip code. Doesn't reload. Try it again. Doesn't reload.

Luckily J always makes me carry at least $5, so I reload it with cash and get on my merry way, knowing that I have missed the 7:53, but knowing I can make my usual 7:12. So, I get on the train and it just sits there. For like, minutes. Then this guy comes on the speaker saying, "Due to an investigation, we are experiencing delays." I was like, "Ok?" So after sitting at the first station for a few minutes, we finally move on to the second station... but then we sit there for five minutes too before moving on to the next station. At this point I'm like, totally missing the 7:12, but there is still hope I can make the 7:34. This stop and go pattern goes on until we reach 33rd street, at which point the whole train goes out of service and we have to get off. I wait at the station thinking another 6 train will be coming shortly. Well, actually two 6 trains came... but also went. Without stopping. Or picking up anyone at all fro the 33rd street station.

At this point I have missed the 7:34 train. And the next to leave is at 8:07, which gets into my station at 9:44 PM. The one after that gets in at 10:20, and if you guys don't already know, I like start my bedtime routine at 10. So, I was like, "10:20 WILL NOT HAPPEN." I run out of the 33rd street station and walk 9 blocks to 42nd street and catch the train, AT LAST.

So let's recap. 

What normally happens: Leave class at 6:35, catch the 7:12 train, get home at 8:56.
What actually happened two weeks ago: Left class at 6:30, caught the 8:07 train, got home at 9:44.

LIKE NO THANK YOU.

Don't get me wrong, I love how close and accessible New York is, but sometimes that public transportation gets to you hahaha. 

And that's all for today, folks!!

XOXO
- - - - -
E
Post Comment
Post a Comment