Top Social

Thanksgiving Festivities

Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Guys! Our first Thanksgiving on our own! We have been married 3 years, but have always spent the holidays at other people's homes (partly because we lived in my mom's basement and partly because we lived super close to both our families). 

It was SO FUN to do our own thing. I love being on my own schedule and being able to have a say in what we eat and do. Call me a control freak, but whatever. I just like being able to do what I want on holidays haha.

Neither Jake or I really like Thanksgiving food, so we went out to dinner. It was the most perfect rainy day and all the street were empty.


The restaurant we ate at was on the river and so pretty!


Ah, my two favorite things in one picture: my cute bb and shake siding lol.


Plz ignore this picture and the obvious bang crisis I am experiencing. 


GUYS I ATE FISH. I have been a vegetarian for 7 years whatttttt. Lately I have been wanting to eat meat again, but my conscious won't let me. Just knowing all the cruelty behind it and knowing that an animal had to die for me to eat my meal makes me feel SO BAD. After much consideration, I decided to eat fish and see how I felt. So, I got this salmon in a sweet pea risotto. The salmon was pretty good, but that risotto tho. TO DIE FOR. 


Anyway, I was doing pretty well with the whole eating salmon thing, but then once we got home I just felt like kind of full and heavy? Like idk. Eating vegetarian you're always eating light foods and don't ever feel "stuffed". So I felt kind of gross after eating the salmon and decided to not eat meat again, unless I feel like it is a once in a lifetime opportunity (like sushi in Tokyo next month).


Jake got a steak which he enjoyed. Lol I never know what to say for Jake, but since this is the journal of our life I feel like I have to say something.


We got pumpkin cheesecake for dessert, which is, arguably the best cheesecake flavor. The pumpkin cheesecake from Trader Joe's is pretty good, fyi!


They had cute twinkle lights, but there wasn't anywhere to set up my camera so this will have to do!


We went home, changed into our Christmas pajamas, and finished our Harry Potter marathon. It was such a nice, chill Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is probably my least favorite holiday, btw, but this one was good and chill!

P.S. I have started a food Instagram for the New England area. So go give it a follow if you wish! @newenglandgrubs 

Post Comment
Post a Comment