Top Social

Everyone Must Belong Somewhere

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Every time I'm on an airplane I listen to Bright Eyes. Every time I listen to Bright Eyes I think a lot about where my life is and how far I am from where I want to be.

I don't know where I want to live when Jake is done with his MBA and we are ready to buy a house. I don't know if living in New York City is worth it if you don't have a car to explore all the beautiful places in the northeast. I don't know if it's worth it to live in a boring rural area if you can only take 2 trips a year.

Sometimes I think about all of this and I feel like I need to have it all figured out right now. It doesn't matter that I haven't even started my master's degree, or that Jake is still a year out from even applying to his MBA program. It just feels like I need to know where we are going to settle down.

But then I remember that I did move out of Utah. I did live in New York City over the summer, and even though it wasn't everything I thought it would be, it helped me learn what I want. I know I want a cute little house with a backyard for our Bernese Mountain Dog. I know I want a car so I can explore ever inch of my surroundings. I know I want to live next to a city so I can stay entertained. I know I want a lot of options for weekend trips and I want the to be affordable.

When I remember all of this I remember that I can get this in the northeast. I remember that I have already decided I want to live here forever. And even though that isn't a specific city or state, it's a specific area of the United States.

And it's one step closer to being settled than I was before.

XOXO
- - - - -
E


4 comments on "Everyone Must Belong Somewhere"
  1. I WANT A BERNESE MOUNTAIN DOG TOO!!!! The other day I was hiking alone with Savvy and we came across this old guy and his enormous Bernese mountain dog. It was the calmest, most beautiful creature in the galaxy. I spent the rest of the day crying because I didn't get a picture of it. But anyway, I'm so happy you found your area! I feel like that's a big first step to narrowing down "your place." We also have an area of the US we want to end up, but there are like 6 states there we wouldn't mind living so we need to start visiting them all to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After talking with Ryan the other day, we realized that we may not want to live in AZ forever. Like, another 3-6 years, sure. But I can see us moving to Albuquerque.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bro lives in Albuquerque! Is it cooler there than in Arizona? Do you hate Arizona summers or do I just see the worst of it on Snapchat? lol

    ReplyDelete