Top Social

life lately

Thursday, April 3, 2014
Studying at all times. Although, this semester is almost over, so that's very good news. We have like 8 days left of actual class, and then finals! I'm excited! I am doing spring and summer, but I'm taking really fun classes that I'm excited for! Plus we can park in graduate school parking, which cuts the walk to class in half pretty much! 

I taught Jake how to fishtail! The one on the left is his first, and the one on the right is after a couple tries. I hate braiding my own hair because it's so long the angle is like, super weird and it hurts my arms because I'm a baby. Haha. He braids so well though! I hope we have little girls :)

Fancier fishtails! And some street art we ran into on our way home from school on Tuesday. I love it! There used to be a piece at the bottom of the stairs on campus that said "you've changed." I like to think that someone is doing these with the hope that their lover will see them. It's so cute! I can't wait until we go to a city and I can just wander the streets looking for street art!

We stopped by Sammy's Cafe on date night and found the message we wrote in fingernail polish when had just first started hanging out! It's under the counter, so hopefully they never get new ones! 

We didn't go to the color festival this year, because we'd rather be lazy on lounge around on our days off ;) but I did get to help clean it all up! It was AMAZING seeing the aftermath! Some 60,000 people went this year! It wasn't too bad with trash and stuff, but I loved seeing all the colors everywhere!


Spring in Utah is so dumb! Monday I wore a long sleeve button up and was absolutely sweating by the time I got to class. Then, on Wednesday it snowed and was freezing enough to have to whip out my winter coat... for only the morning. >:(. So then I looked like an idiot walking around campus all day, because when I started walking it was freezing, but then by 1 or 2 it was just normal. Someone needs to invent like a super compact coat that you can put in your pocket haha.

We tried Supreme Burger! It's been on our list for forever and we decided to treat ourselves after all this school! I was laughing so hard, because we went right after we got home from our mythology class, and after we got done ordering I turned around to see none other than our mythology professor!! He is the funniest guy! This place was pretty much like JCW' (aka amazing). I could eat their fries all day!


We're pretty much out of all food, but I absolutely HATE going grocery shopping! So, I've decided to see how long we can go just eating the food at our apartment! It's actually kind of fun. But, to get my sugar fix I've just been eating chocolate chips haha. Am I the only one who does this? CHOCOLATE OBSESSED. Also, I decided our wedding pictures needed to stop being in every room in the apartment, so I combined them all into this piece that is on our bedroom wall. Don't let it fool you... it took me a good while to get each side of the heart even and to make it symmetrical while simultaneously using all of the pictures with none left over! I'm happy with the end result though. :).

I've started an online class (cause you know, 15 credits isn't enough right now) and it's awesome because I love online classes, but not so awesome because now I don't want to go to school anymore! Haha especially the longggggg days, Tuesday and Thursday! I actually didn't go for like two weeks, and then I went on Tuesday, and now it's Thursday and I'm not going again. Well, maybe I'll go later. But, I don't know. It's like, sometimes class (for me, at least) seems like it's not that important. I mean, I used to skip class all the time, and sometimes that would lead to a bad grade, but when they don't grade your attendance, and when you can read the text book and still get a good grade on the test, I think it's fine :). My mom hates it! She's always telling me to go to school, since I'm paying so much for it, but I don't know. I can stay home today and get half of my online class done, ya know? Haha.

We've got a fun weekend planned with a Salt Lake adventure, concert at The Wall, sleepover at my mom's house, and then conference with the fam! I'm ready for it to be here!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

P.S. New design! It took me foreverrrrrrr to get it done. Like, I bought a template, but then realized so many things weren't the way I wanted them to be, so I did all of it myself! I have MUCH RESPECT for those of you who can just whip up templates. You're crazy! I'm still having difficulties with old posts being formatted weird, as well as mobile view, but whatever!



4 comments on "life lately"
  1. there are so many things i love about this!
    1. utah weather is the worst! i am so with you on that!
    2. i despiiiiise grocery shopping. i wait until the last possible moment.
    3.super impressive picture heart!
    4. street art! love it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy things are so happy
    (and the new design is lovely!)
    also// they do make little pocket coats! I bought a coat from Levi's that folds into the collar (vermont can be finicky too!), so when it gets too warm I can just throw the coat in my (small) purse.
    anyways, you are the cutest, you two are the cutest.
    happy week!

    xx,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design. Beautiful. Also, I eat chocolate chips in everything. So, I'm with you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet to have a husband to braid your hair <3 I love your life lately posts and how true to yourself you are as a blogger!

    ReplyDelete