Top Social

thoughts

Monday, March 31, 2014

Jake took this picture the other day while at my brother-in-law's car dealership. I figure it's fitting for this post, ahaha. So, just imagine that I have that face while talking about issues 1 and 2.

Issue #1: positive blogging. 
Recently, I came across the website getoffmyinternets.net and discovered they have a whole thread dedicated to the blog Rockstar Diaries (which you probably all already read, and if you don't you should definitely start). 

Ok, now I will readily admit with pride that I absolutely love Taza's/Naomi's blog. They are cute and live in New York and go to fun places, like what else do you need? But, to my horror I realized this thread is saying horrible things about them! It seems like they mainly focus on the point that she "tries to make her life look perfect". And I'm over here like, "What's wrong with that?" I mean, obviously nobody's life is perfect, but why would you voluntarily put negative things into the universe/cyberspace? I mean, I think it's a different story if you pretend like your life is perfect in real life, but as far as blogging goes, I think it's fine. 

I don't know about the rest of the blog world, but I have this blog as a sort of diary. I don't keep a journal or a diary in real life (mainly because I want pictures to be included and I find that printing the moff and pasting them in a journal is very hard work, so blogging is a nice in-between), but I want my kids (and my future grandma self) to be able to look back and see pictures and read words about what our life was like (except they are NOT allowed to read my high school blogs!!!). So, forgive me if I'm not going to rant about how much I hate BYU or summertime or the sound of dogs licking. I mean, not talking about negative things doesn't mean they don't exist, it just means you don't want to focus on them, right? 

HOWEVER. I am not saying it's "not ok" to post about negative things. If that's your catharsis, go for it! I just think it's stupid that people are actually spending their time writing hate posts about someone who is being positive (I say while writing a hate post about someone who is being negative haha).

Issue #2: blogger comments.
Apparently when someone comments and you click "reply" and comment back, it doesn't notify them? So that's dumb. I'm sorry if you asked me a question or something and I didn't reply. I guess I'll start email-replying from now on!

Issue #3: coconut oil.
Why is it so amazing? I'm obsessed. I literally don't know how to live without it now that I've lived with it. I use it every morning on my legs, and those gross little bump things that I used to have? Gone! Also, I don't need to moisturize, so win win. Also, I swished with it for a little bit and I didn't do a before and after comparison, so this could just be hindsight bias, but I felt like my teeth got whiter! Anyways, use it. It's an antibacterial and antiviral and basically just amazing. Plus it's like $4 at Macey's.

Issue #4: movies.
Why are they so amazing? I mean, dying here. Dying. My recent favorites have been Mr. Nobody, We Are Who We Are, and Pompeii. You know how sometimes there are like, 0 movies out that you want to see? Well, I basically mind-cry for days when that happens. But now I'm mind-crying for days because there are so many good ones. I'm excited to see Endless Love, Dark Skies, Son of God, and Noah's Ark. Most of those are old, but we hit up the dolla theatre yo. If you have seen any excellent, excellent movies, please let me know. I finished One Tree Hill so I'm itchin' for some new material.

Issue #5: the following videos.
I DIE.





Watch the following video starting at 2:28.







XOXO
- - - - -
E


4 comments on "thoughts"
  1. Sometimes I like going on getoffmyinternets... I obviously don't participate in the discussions, but sometimes I get curious! And I agree, for the most part, I think people are just jealous.
    The blogger comments setup is very flawed.
    Coconut oil! My sister-in-law just brought me some today so I can try oil pulling. Can't wait to try it out tonight.
    Movies! I'm excited for Noah too, haha. And I've been waiting for Saving Mr. Banks to come to the cheap theater, but I feel like it may never happen.
    That cover song is so good. And Old Long Johnson cat! Freaky. I like the bird that says "don't touch me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut oil? Yes. Although I'm a little disappointed that a lot more people than I thought we're using it because I wanted to keep the secret all to myself.

    Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cat in a shark suit! I DIED. ps, im totally trying gargling with coconut oil tonight! that stuff has worked wonders everywhere else for me, i mind as well try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still need to try out coconut oil, heard so many good things about it!
    and that cat-clip is hilariouuus.
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete