Top Social

guest post #2: mila

Saturday, March 22, 2014
Today we have Mila from Much Love, Mila! She is one of the few bloggers I know in real life. The thing I love most about her blog is her photography (remember these pictures she took of me)! She is one talented gal. Also, I love that she just got married and that I have another friend in my boat :) She has amazing style and is from Latvia! So, basically just a cool person all around.

I am also posting over on her blog today! So, check it out if you'd like.

For today's post I asked her to share five of her very favorite photos (that she has taken) and to tell why they are her favorite. Without further ado...

- - - - -


This was during my trip to California right after high school graduation. That year is a good reminder that I still had a lot to learn although I may feel like I'm almighty. We slept on the beach (which is illegal, oops) and acted like hobos for a week straight. However it was such a fun time. We ended up peaking into a shop that had all these cool, vintage gadgets and I didn't want to leave. There was a story behind every item and I just loved listening to the owner of the shop talk about those items.


Let me just say if you want to make the bestest friend in the whole entire world, live with a stranger for 8 months. My roommate and I, during our first year of college became extremely close. It was a nice reminded that life doesn't just end right after high school and friendships (sometimes even much stronger friendships) are made after high school. We seriously had a lot of fun together.


Aren't mirror pictures the worst? Well, this one was taken in Latvia in 2011 therefore it makes it 100x better. It's sort of a confusing one. My sister and I are standing right in the middle of my grandma's room. Note she has pink walls and a brown rug on the floor. And past the mirror to the left you can see through the doorway into the living room. Also note all the crazy colors and carpets. That place is so unique and basically my favorite. My husband and I always laugh about how they put rugs on everything.


This is another picture from my trip taken in Latvia but this one is in 2013. There's a bridge in Riga, Latvia that has all of these locks on them. Newlyweds and even long-time married folks hang these up with their names engraved into them. When I saw these, that night I was talking to my husband (at that time he was just my boyfriend) on the phone and I told him how much I would like to hang one up there for when I get married (at that time I didn't know I was going to marry him). He told me that he has walked passed that bridge 2 years ago and thought the same thing to himself (at that time, we didn't even know each other). I just thought it was so crazy that we saw this bridge in a small town, 10,000 miles away from where we live now, at different times and thought the same thing. Ever since then it has been our goal to go over there and hang up a lock with our names on them. We save away any money we can so we can take a trip together, have him meet my folks and put a lock on that darn bridge. (:


Of course I couldn't go without giving you a picture of the most important person in my life. We got hundreds of pictures from our formal session (still haven't gotten any back from our wedding day though..*tear*) so it was hard to pick a favorite one. I love this one though because this was the first time he has seen me in my dress. I remember it was such a special moment because he had the most endearing look in his eyes. He makes me feel like I'm the most precious thing he has ever had. He is my number 1 fan and is always supportive in anything I do. It's so great being able to have the most supportive human right by me. He really is the best guy out there (sorry, Em.)

- - - - -

There you have it! Thanks for the post, Mila! Make sure to check out her blog here. I love the photos she posts and her wedding was the most adorable. I'm dying to see pictures from that!

XOXO
- - - - -
E

Post Comment
Post a Comment